Drive Shaft issue

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is no recall as of yet, nor any acknowledgement from polaris themselves that there is a problem.

Polaris is aware of the problem. I would seem that every shaft that fails gets reported on this forum which can make the problem seem worse than it may or may not be but the fact that it is more than one or two has me nervous to ride in the mountains without a good hard ride at home. I am considering buying and installing last years shaft until it gets figured out. teeroy can you post pics of that fix you saw on SW?

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe check with AMA they may have roadside for sleds you can buy..............

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris is aware of the problem. I would seem that every shaft that fails gets reported on this forum which can make the problem seem worse than it may or may not be but the fact that it is more than one or two has me nervous to ride in the mountains without a good hard ride at home. I am considering buying and installing last years shaft until it gets figured out. teeroy can you post pics of that fix you saw on SW?
I'm sure they are aware of it, one dealer posted that he had talked to them about it and they know. they just haven't posted any bulletins to the dealers yet. I don't want to scoop Neil's pictures, thought he would have posted them here as well. Kelsey from RKT also mentioned in that thread on SW that he was considering putting out a driveshaft fix and was guaging interest.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In Revy....... $500.00/hour from the time the chopper leaves, to the time it get's back.

That's extremely reasonable, sounds too cheap actually. The one locally is almost $2000/hr but it is a big 206 long ranger.

Graveler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They make their money by requiring two trips. one for the sled one for you. in Whistler they'll haul both you and the sled together.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats right, I plug welded mine and had it replaced a year later when the drive shafts were available....sounds very similar.
ditto. wasn't waiting for BRP to decide that enough had failed that they should take action. we did 5 of them and rode the whole season without worry. never got a warranty shaft until the following xmas.

trevpicsxmas020Large.jpg

trevpicsxmas024Small.jpg

trevpicsxmas027Large.jpg

Last edited:

tavis43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have developed a fix for this issue that will get you by until Polaris issues the official recall/fix.

Limited quantities

Please call if interested

Thanks

pictures and more info would be nice, thnx

KH2110

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have developed a fix for this issue that will get you by until Polaris issues the official recall/fix.

Limited quantities

Please call if interested

Thanks

which problem?........the crappy belt drive with no tensioner or the smart move of gluing a driveshaft?

Top Bottom