Drive Shaft issue

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am not waiting for a factory fix. that could be a while. I am getting Kelsey's repair and have peace of mind for my wife's new '13. Lot of trips planned.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
somebody post some damn manufacture dates of the sleds with failures already,,,,

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure why that matters. Did Polaris give you the dates that were faulty?

No but if the failures manufacturer dates coincide then there could be an argument (or hope) that it was just a bad batch/run of glue/cranks or whatever the ef the problem is, aaaand id like to see if my sleds built in the same timeframe....

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No but if the failures manufacturer dates coincide then there could be an argument (or hope) that it was just a bad batch/run of glue/cranks or whatever the ef the problem is, aaaand id like to see if my sleds built in the same timeframe....

Me too...

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well unfortunately we had our first pro come back to us with this issue. Looks exaclty like the pictures. Its is a LE white snowcheck 163. Not sure how many km on it. Build date is 09/18/2012.

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i still think when all the smoke clears on this that it's more than a bonding prob. the thin wall driveshaft and end cap and lack of protrusion inside the shaft will not handle shock loading. it just bulges the shaft. if the cap entered the shaft further than the small amount it does it would add considerable strength because of the surface area making contact and more of the "magical glue" to hold it.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Over 200 kms on my 2013 pro. So far 1 broken rear bumper but that's my bad long story haha. Otherwise nothing wrong with it at all and mine wasn't recalled for the a arms. I just checked it again too still mint.

In your 200 km rip Joe did you see who opened the gates to the cattle pasture? Justv asking Joe. I want to try that sled sometime this year. OK?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i supose you may find a trend. that would be nice. PS. Teeroy.......just about pizzed my pants when i saw that last photo LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
lol...I had my kid snap a bunch of pics, he thought I was retarded. so did the ol lady when she asked me why i was wrapping my driveshaft in xmas paper. "for teh intranet, of course..."

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well unfortunately we had our first pro come back to us with this issue. Looks exaclty like the pictures. Its is a LE white snowcheck 163. Not sure how many km on it. Build date is 09/18/2012.

So is the shaft from a 12 gonna be the fix for now? Got two buds with new pro's and want to put some miles on. 1 155 le that had the a-arm recall but has 20 ish miles and no problems. No direct correlation?

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i still think when all the smoke clears on this that it's more than a bonding prob. the thin wall driveshaft and end cap and lack of protrusion inside the shaft will not handle shock loading. it just bulges the shaft. if the cap entered the shaft further than the small amount it does it would add considerable strength because of the surface area making contact and more of the "magical glue" to hold it.

I don't want to believe this but I think you nailed it

• Recommends
Reactions: cs5

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I agree, the one photo looks like only a 1/4 inch of the male end is inside. In my mind it would need at least a full inch or better to transfer that amount of power. The question is are all of them machined the same? I am totally paranoid to take mine out without doing SOMETHING to test it even if I have to pull the shaft and build a system to load test it. I would rather have it come apart in my garage than on the hill.

Top Bottom