Drive my truck into the alpine

kgb117

Reaction score
I was wondering if there's any trails in the golden/invermere that have melted enough and would let you drive your truck right up into the alpine to unload your sled.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I was wondering if there's any trails in the golden/invermere that have melted enough and would let you drive your truck right up into the alpine to unload your sled.

There are places that you could access the snow line on a FSR. The alpine would be a little tough until maybe the end of July......JMHO

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

your about a month early for that I would say. Why would you want to drive your truck to the alpine anyway?? especially when you can ride there substancially faster.

kgb117

Reaction score
Lol I would like to drive my truck into an airplane. I'm not looking to damage any trails but just more curious of when/where I might b able to to access the alpine w a truck. Surely there must b some logging roads that go up high enough that I could take without any trail destruction

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Lol I would like to drive my truck into an airplane. I'm not looking to damage any trails but just more curious of when/where I might b able to to access the alpine w a truck. Surely there must b some logging roads that go up high enough that I could take without any trail destruction

You can get to 8000' in Elkford and not destroy anything other than maybe something on your truck. There is a road that goes up to service some communications towers. A nice drive on a sunny day. Sorry for the chitty photo.....

100_1135.jpg

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Maybe 7-8 years ago..........I haven't been up there for quite awhile now. Saw it once or twice and there is no fishing up there so don't really need to go back again. New places to explore instead!

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
more curious of when/where I might b able to to access the alpine w a truck. Surely there must b some logging roads that go up high enough that I could take without any trail destruction

Not a lot of logging roads go into the alpine. No trees up there. I know of a few mineral exploration roads that do, but your trucks not gonna like 'em. :ohwell:

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ah. Looks familiar. The place my buddy Chris took me was north of elkford and on the east side of the valley also. I thought he called it burnt ridge but it may have been the fording lookout. Hoping to get back to the valley this summer for some camping

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there's a big chunk of ice in the area that i have driven to with my truck, also you can drive to the top of mt 7 in golden. lots of roads to explore some get you into the alpine some don't.

kgb117

Reaction score
I just saw a picture (mayb on this site?) last year of a guy unloading a sled in this awesome meadow of summer snow off what looked like a stock (no lift) f150. I think it would just be cool to find a valley like this... I plan on doing some work to the sled again in the next couple of weeks and it would b nice to b able to boot it around make sure everything works great but b able to stay close to the truck in case somethin goes wrong

Top Bottom