dragon problems

dragonslayer24

Reaction score
hey is anyone having a problem with their 2010 dragon? i am here in blue river and this afternoon my sled was bogging when riding with the throttle wide open!!! But at the end of the day coming down it was doing the same thing at lower rpm. any thoughts?? as well the engine light was coming on and off.

Ryeser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey is anyone having a problem with their 2010 dragon? i am here in blue river and this afternoon my sled was bogging when riding with the throttle wide open!!! But at the end of the day coming down it was doing the same thing at lower rpm. any thoughts?? as well the engine light was coming on and off.

That is not a good sign, I would take it in to your dealer right away, and please let us know what they have to say.

Crazy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What fuel are you running, Ethanol or non ethanol. May have to plug in or unplug the pink wire behind the secondary clutch.

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
he tried that didn't run any better, the dragon just would not run a full power, kept bogging...

shiftycliffy

Reaction score
This might sound a bit lame guys but there s been 2 Assult with the same kinda prob around here. 2 things, 1 is they have a problem with the plug caps comming loose and wearing the plug end. Some also have a pro with a lean. You might want to start checking you caps first. Like I said it sounds lame but thats what ive heard . Good luck.

IFSM8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know polaris that well but on my cat it had a altimiter hose that would freeze off. if that would happen it would cause it to bog and run like hell. Check your cpu for anything like that.

Good Luck!

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you flat land guys are still trying to run the Dragon 800 at low elevation I would purchase a PCV fuel controller as they are still lean in the midrange even the 2010s,otherwise you may burn it down.Mine is an 09 with the new pistons and cyl head.Mine rips with 91 octane wires unplugged an running 5k-7500k elevation.I rarely let it run at 5-6K RPM as thats were it is lean,I allways vary the throttle

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have your dealer reset your tps and check your exhaust bellows for being loose.It made my 09 800 run better.No stumble and no check engine light flashes.

loggy

Reaction score

[
I have 2008 dragon it did the same thing at about 11000 ft it kept bogging down and finaly quit,, not a happy camper here,, would not start,, what could be the problem

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
he tried that didn't run any better, the dragon just would not run a full power, kept bogging...

where did you buy your fuel from? the petro had water in there premo, i know a few guys had problems after running there fuel,

i recommend buying fuel at the husky in blue river as petro has always had problems with water in there gas, and i know you guys don't like to run husky gas because of ethanol, but i was talking to a few guys about 2 weeks ago and they got a mini fuel tester and the husky 94octane didn't have any ethanol, but the reg did,

OverBore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One solution I have heard of is to go to your nearest SkiDoo dealer. That will solver your problems and people won't laugh as much at you.

hilinerider

Reaction score
mine was acting up and the primary spring was broke!!!

had 1500 miles on it

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The sleds are actually designed to run on ethanol fuel, read you owners manual. Keep in mind the altitude your sled is programed to run at, depending where and what dealer you bought it from the maping may need to be adjusted for you riding.

ps- going to a skidoo dealer will only worsen your problems by giving you a head ach, they are only looking to sell you a flashy looking high priced boat anchor......lol sorry boys

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
poss pipe temp sensor ???? I carry a new one and had to use it last weekend.
Sled started to bog light came on ran like sh$t changed it out and it hasent run that crisp in a long time. That sensor had 2700km on it.

Chris

Dino

Reaction score
No problems with my 010 Dragon....sits at the dealership 75 % of the time waiting to be fixed :confused: Cant ride it .. so there for no problems :( Dino

Top Bottom