Doo's engineers designed big weight reduction. !!!!!!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Horse power means nothing unless your chute climbing or drag racing for 10 miles

Torque is what u need to compare, especially on a cvt drive set up

Torque at full shift out rpm

torque is where its at... my old rt1000 was a torque monster, and caused me many nites with sore shoulders/elbows from hanging on when pinned from shear intant acceleration, just like the old thundercats and m1000 and Polaris 900's.... all torque, and that's what is needed for mountain riding.

horsepower is mostly about drag racing/lake racing, just like Tex said

Last edited:

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Horse power means nothing unless your chute climbing or drag racing for 10 miles

Torque is what u need to compare, especially on a cvt drive set up

Torque at full shift out rpm

Not arguing the torque factor, tex. I still miss the torque of my '06 900 RMK vs my '12 Pro. I was commenting on fredw's remark about a 20 hp difference between the Axys 800 HO and the Doo 850.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what he meant but i didn't care. simple to me ,if you don't have an agenda , when the etec was 155 ish (reality) the Poo was 145 ish, the 16 Poo went to 155 ish , now the new Doo (they say) is 165 ish. The dootards are confused tho, cause their 800's were 163 HP, in their minds, now f
doo increased 10 and say they're 165. seems like a waste of 50 cc's eh., 2 hp. or were they wrong before ? :)

Last edited:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Show us your sources that put the Poo 800 at 155. Everything I've read on the Poo 800 H.O. puts it in the low 160s. Hmmm, only a couple hp less, yet 50 cc less. Good job Doo, getting two more hp out of an extra 50 cc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
dynotech did 77 runs in one day, the highest number they got was 154.6

after they got a hot ECM right from polaris race dept it went up to 160.3

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im not a rocket doctor but isn't HP just a calculation of TQ at a certain RPM / a constant like 5252?

Last edited:

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im not a rocket doctor but isn't HP just a calculation of TQ at a certain RPM / a constant like 5252?

Let us take a wrench and fix a bolt, the force applied changes the rotational moment along an axis. This is what we call as Torque.

Torque is defined as the turning effect of force about the axis of rotation. In short it is a moment of force. It is represented by
[FONT=MathJax_Math-italic]τ​
τ​
[/FONT]

Torque formula is given by
Where,
F = Force applied and
d = Perpendicular distance of force from the axis of rotation.

The Magnitude of torque is given by

Where [FONT=MathJax_Math-italic]θ[/FONT]θ is the angle between the force applied and the axis of rotation.

Torque formula is very useful in clear understanding of problems related to rotational dynamics. It is expressed in Newton-meter (Nm).

LDK

Reaction score
I'm in sicamous next weekend , come on out ride my pregnant elephant MCX 190 viper for the day . I bet you can't wipe the sh&t eating grin off you're face at the end of the day . Just saying!!!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm in sicamous next weekend , come on out ride my pregnant elephant MCX 190 viper for the day . I bet you can't wipe the sh&t eating grin off you're face at the end of the day . Just saying!!!
Na it's ok, I've road a 240-270 viper 174 and was the most uncomfortable ride I've ever road

Went good in a straight line, but no and I mean no dangle to it

Sorry dude

Hey buy the way, u related to Barry klettke from trochu ???

LDK

Reaction score
Hey tex , I hear what you're saying . But I'm not saying go for a rip. Spend a day on one and they are as much fun fun as next . And the deeper the pow the better . trees , straight up , meadows, it doesn't matter once you figure them out , same sh$t as the others , whole lotta fun . And no I'm not related to Barry , he only has one t in last name , but I've stayed in trochu at the lions park many times

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey tex , I hear what you're saying . But I'm not saying go for a rip. Spend a day on one and they are as much fun fun as next . And the deeper the pow the better . trees , straight up , meadows, it doesn't matter once you figure them out , same sh$t as the others , whole lotta fun . And no I'm not related to Barry , he only has one t in last name , but I've stayed in trochu at the lions park many times

....................I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A Nitro or xp or Mach z ect ( tanks) where Allways tanks, and deeper the snow the easier it is

That's the tank talking

My xm is as easy in crap snow as deep snow

Where the viper ect isn't, see what I'm saying

Also lots of guys like to Highmark, climb ect

I used to, but now Pretty much ride tight trees exclusively, as snow is better, less tracks, less retards

And only Chris Brown on a viper would stand a chance to follow me and keep up

Reactions: LDK

LDK

Reaction score
....................I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night
Cat401. Not really sure what you're saying , I was just telling tex about lions park cause he would know they run the place ,

Top Bottom