Doo Crank seal fail. warranty?

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep,, seen it happen a few times.

well then i guess no warranty due to abuse?. maybe turples has tried many times in the past and brp refuses the warranty. if thats the case they should have just been straight up.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well then i guess no warranty due to abuse?. maybe turples has tried many times in the past and brp refuses the warranty. if thats the case they should have just been straight up.

Yeah I don't know, couldn't tell you why they never warrantied it?

c.wilson07

Reaction score
Yeah if they had said that when I dropped it off or preferably when I called to ask about it I might have understood.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Since dealer get PAID to do warranty work it is funny some of them don't even want to try. A little grease can be normal and is more likely caused from the clutch running really hot. I have only had one crank seal taking out by belt cords on one of my rentals. Also don't wait for your belt to grenade before changing it. You can usually hear something before it goes boom.

c.wilson07

Reaction score
Yeah I thought I would hear it usually do. my old sled was a belt eater until I did some clutch work on it. was breaking trail and suddenly boom when that one went

Diamondledinc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you're familiar with how a lip type seal works, the belt strands will pretty much explode in there don't tell me how. I've seen belts go off like a bomb! so, the fibres of the belt get in there and take off the lip that seals the grease in. Its not common, but i've seen it happen.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well maybe instead of pulling the motor to replace a seal install the bearing buddy. the older doos are famous for that bearing failure. ill see if i can find a link.

yea here it is , remove that cover plate and replace it with this. seal included

Last edited:

c.wilson07

Reaction score
Pretty sure you don't have to pull the motor and split the case to change that seal anymore. It's a quick pull the seal push a new one in job.
Not sure I like that bearing buddy because if you over grease and take out inner seal it could wash away grease and you'd never know

crazy_cappa

Reaction score
100% this should be covered. Pretty sure one of the reasons I bought a new xm was the 4 year "bumper to bumper" warranty. I also deal with turples and it is an ordeal to say the least every time. Drop it off and tell them you absolutely need it in 2 weeks, when it's an hour job in your own shop, and they say no problem. Then don't call you at all till you call them a week or so later only to find out they haven't even looked at it yet. Then another week to order parts and try and make it sound like they bent over backwards for you when it's done by 6 on the last day. Worst service ever. I personally will drive to golden for my next new one cause motor tech's service is awesome and that makes a dealer in my eyes.

crazy_cappa

Reaction score
While I'm on a rant here just want to say how different my experience was with motor tech. I recently had an injector go the first day of a trip in Revy. I called around for a ski doo dealer in the morning, fully expecting the "Turples" experience. Talked to Jordon at motor tech he said bring it in today but there won't be anyone there from 12 to 1 for lunch. I was more than happy with that. I made it there by 11:30, barely had the sled off the truck and they were telling me to drive right in to the shop. Jamie worked from then till around 2 strait and let me hang out and explained the whole buds program and what he seen in the past. Fixed it up and had me on the road by 2, didn't charge me a cent and I've never spent a dime at that dealer. The worst part was that my sled had thrown this code for the injector last season and had been in Turple twice with the active codes and they didn't even check it, and there was a update for it to which Turple decided not to do as well when it had been in there shop 2 days before that trip. I am also done with there bs. Will definitely be spending money at motor tech from now on, awesome dealer.

c.wilson07

Reaction score
I agree with ya the way turple treated me over a $50 seal has cost them a customer. I'm sure they don't care but ill never spend another dime in there, and wasting money on my toys comes natural to me.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately in todays world there is staff at dealers everywhere that act like the money is coming directly out of there pocket. There job is to do the right thing in my opinion. They should put themselves on the other side of the counter and see how they are portraying themselves to the customer. If something is not warrantable there are nicer ways to explain that to the consumer other than just saying no. Unfortunately most store owners have no idea this crap goes on in there stores as the consumer gets his back up, walks out the door and never comes back without his knowledge. Meanwhile the parts/service guys are bragging how they played god and got away with it over the lunch break. Sad really....

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Nothing hanging out of seal not sure how they came to that conclusion but now after they said no i called brp and complained. an hour later brp emailed me a case number that just showed up saying no decision made yet so sounds like turple just decided on there own it was a no without even starting a case with brp. That's total bull for a dealer to not even try won't be going there ever again and with all the complaints I've heard about them I should have known better

Heard anymore back from BRP on the claim yet?
Did you have someone or did you just replace the seal?

Just curious because now you have opened a claim and if or what they are(BRP) views are.

Would hate to just replace it yourself and then something went sideways and then BRP says it was not an authorized fix from previous claim opened?????

Just forward thinking a bit...here for you!

I beleive it should have been covered also big guy. But, I got my kill switch replaced on warranty while others have not at other dealers....
Just saying!

c.wilson07

Reaction score
Booked in at another dealer to be replace tomorrow. Brp case came back no warranty but they won't share with me any more details then that so it comes down to what turple tells me.
As for the owner knowing about the poor quality of the people its no secret around red deer how your treated. I went to talk to the owner but wasn't around. Might go in there one last time just to speak my mind with glen

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
BRP probably called Turples for information as far I would figure.....

Oh Well! Chaulk it up to a learning experience and move one.

karma has its way of showing up.....

Lots of good people around ever corner....... Enjoy the rest of your sledding season and on the upside, at least it was not a major problem.

Thanks for the update.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I took my clutches off to clean them up after my last trip to revy like I do every time and I notice some grease coming out of crank seal. Checked for air leaing in to motor and there appears to be none but still wanted seal changed and bearing greased. Dropped at dealer and they tell me no warranty cause a blown doo belt took out the seal. Maybe it's just me but I think that's bs. Not bashing all dealers but the doo dealer in red deer has some awful service. Especially considering I picked up a new sled and quad in the last year and a half. What you think should a crank seal be warrantied on a 2014 summit x with 4 year warranty when its only one season old?

Oh they are ripping you off, Take it to trackside they should warranty it, so i hear

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't think Trackside is doing any sled warranty anymore Larry. Think they are free and clear of BRP now

Top Bottom