Doo Crank seal fail. warranty?

c.wilson07

Reaction score
So I took my clutches off to clean them up after my last trip to revy like I do every time and I notice some grease coming out of crank seal. Checked for air leaing in to motor and there appears to be none but still wanted seal changed and bearing greased. Dropped at dealer and they tell me no warranty cause a blown doo belt took out the seal. Maybe it's just me but I think that's bs. Not bashing all dealers but the doo dealer in red deer has some awful service. Especially considering I picked up a new sled and quad in the last year and a half. What you think should a crank seal be warrantied on a 2014 summit x with 4 year warranty when its only one season old?

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would think it to be warrantied. What's the point of 4 year warranty if things like that aren't covered. If you popped a motor it sounds like you'd be at fault.

Sent from my iPhone

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Obviously the dealer isn't doing you any favor's. All he has to do is put in a claim for seal leaking oil and presto. Try another dealer.

c.wilson07

Reaction score
when I said what if the motor had gone the reply was that would have cost me allot more. Gonna try another dealer tomorrow. Painful to drive all over the country to get warranty.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when I said what if the motor had gone the reply was that would have cost me allot more. Gonna try another dealer tomorrow. Painful to drive all over the country to get warranty.
Were there belt cords hanging out of the seal? How did they derive this diagnosis?

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Turple are idiots, I've had good luck with the guys in Wetaskiwin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diamondledinc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are definitely not doing you any favours. But they wouldn't know for sure unless they took it apart and inspected the lip. Unless; like mentioned above, if there were strings hanging out of the seal.

c.wilson07

Reaction score
Nothing hanging out of seal not sure how they came to that conclusion but now after they said no i called brp and complained. an hour later brp emailed me a case number that just showed up saying no decision made yet so sounds like turple just decided on there own it was a no without even starting a case with brp. That's total bull for a dealer to not even try won't be going there ever again and with all the complaints I've heard about them I should have known better

Last edited:

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tell them the BRP clutching made the inferior BRP belt blow so now you want a new belt, new clutching and a new seal and you actually saved them a motor as you were pro-active!

I know it won't work but it might feel good to yell at them.

Honestly warranty is only as good as the dealer. Who's side are they on anyway?

c.wilson07

Reaction score
That's funny I actually mentioned all of that and they didn't care.
And it does feel better to yell but I've found in the end your better off staying calm. Doesn't always happen though

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put over 2700 mountain km on my first belt, and only switched it out so it's a good spare

Did u blow a belt even??

c.wilson07

Reaction score
Yeah I blew one late last season and it did grenade and wrap around crank but had clutch off probably 4 times and this was first sign of grease. It probably contributed to the damage but still should be covered

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If belt cord took out the crank seal how is that a warranty claim? It isn't, but you may find a dealer that will take care of you.

c.wilson07

Reaction score
It was probably 600km since I blew a belt and like I said seal was fine after that trip. Even if it was a belt cord blowing one belt shouldn't wreck a seal. If something gets damaged in a year by using machine the way its ment to by no fault or abuse from the rider and warranty doesn't cover repair what's the point of warranty at all.

c.wilson07

Reaction score
My biggest complaint is with the dealer for not even asking brp just saying no warranty without even asking me if I blew a belt or anything, then treating me like a criminal for trying to use my 4 year warranty when I questioned it.

Top Bottom