Don's Speed Parts ..ROCKS!

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my good buddy bought an new m8 there recently, and he told them that if the inj. oil wasnt full he was ripping up the check so unhappily they filled it 2/3 full,oil seams to be an issue around there, i hope the haveto replace your buddys chain case at there expence looks good on them....:nono:

crm1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey scotty i definitly got the grapes but all i wanted was oil :)lol.,dons bad day or not im a easy guy to keep happy i just wanted don to justify why the tank was empty and make that all make sens and we would still be doing buisness together , i was disrespected and thats why i now have no respect back as youve probly read in some of my rants i might not be going about this the right way but at least ive tryed make my fellow sled heads aware (some times if you dont yell you wont be heard)you no what im sayin, cat all the way 6 sleds and a quad in the inventory upgrade evry year, to bad for them cause i realy liked them b4 this last purchase of soured grapes :d
well as for your oil problem ya i would be a little sour too for it being empty but on the other hand id be a little embarrassed with myself for not noticing my fluid levels before starting my machine!!!!!

raustincat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well as for your oil problem ya i would be a little sour too for it being empty but on the other hand id be a little embarrassed with myself for not noticing my fluid levels before starting my machine!!!!!

do you check your chain case oil level before every ride crm1000? i don't think so lol yea a guy checks his injection oil, coolant level before a ride... i have never met anybody that checks his chaincase oil before each ride lol.

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hu :i guess or would think it should have enough oil to pull it off the truck for the first time brand new !!!!!!! so no im not embarrased for not checking the oil when i picked it up new ,how did yu get your new sled in the garage first time new yu carry yours ""crm100"" I have delt with them and ther service and im not empressed 1 bit ....:bs: :BSmeter:

Last edited:

crm1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do you check your chain case oil level before every ride crm1000? i don't think so lol yea a guy checks his injection oil, coolant level before a ride... i have never met anybody that checks his chaincase oil before each ride lol.
when i got my machine home from the dealership ya that was one of the first checks was the diamond drive oil and all my other fluids and no i dont check that each and every time i ride but i do go through my machine fairly thouroughly after a full day of riding just to make sure i dont have a stupid breakdown that i could have prevented

crm1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hu :i guess or would think it should have enough oil to pull it off the truck for the first time brand new !!!!!!! so no im not embarrased for not checking the oil when i picked it up new ,how did yu get your new sled in the garage first time new yu carry yours ""crm100"" I have delt with them and ther service and im not empressed 1 bit ....:bs: :BSmeter:
to be honest i didnt start it to get it off my truck when i got home i backed into the shop pulled it off the truck and went through the entire machine and ifound all the deficiencies and fixxed way before starting up and previous to that i had them run it for me right at the dealership before they loaded it with their forklift on my truck so anyone who hasnt met someone that went through a brand new machine after buying it well here i am im that guy!!

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey crm. I'm the same way, my new sled's get the top to bottom, front to back check by myself before even firing up. All the stock oil gets drained and replaced with my choice of oil. Have a 07 summit with over 7200 on it, all mountain miles.

crm1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey crm. I'm the same way, my new sled's get the top to bottom, front to back check by myself before even firing up. All the stock oil gets drained and replaced with my choice of oil. Have a 07 summit with over 7200 on it, all mountain miles.
hey bb ya i just try not to assume that everything is good i need to know first hand and its good that i do that because i would have had problems my first ride to the mountains there were some stupid things i found that just arent visible on the walk around at the dealership

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are these mechanics or fifth graders assembling these machines ,and these guys expect us to use there services for repairs and tune ups when they cant even sell a new sled thats ready to ride.when i buy a new truck i dont have it hauled to my shop so i can go threw the whole thing be for i start it ,i get in it and drive i would expect the same from a sled dealer ...

crm1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are these mechanics or fifth graders assembling these machines ,and these guys expect us to use there services for repairs and tune ups when they cant even sell a new sled thats ready to ride.when i buy a new truck i dont have it hauled to my shop so i can go threw the whole thing be for i start it ,i get in it and drive i would expect the same from a sled dealer ...
hey i hear ya swabby but with these machines you just have to accept that what your getting was possibly pdi and put together by an apprentice just learning and i totally agree that it should be pull the rope and go but we dont live in a perfect world and as for my self i just feel better when i go over it 2 or 3 times be fore i ride it because i seem to find something that requires attention weather it be minor or major and as for any servicing or repair work i dont let anyone do it for me i like to do it myself so i know my machine and also i dont have to assume someone i dont know forgot to tighten that important bolt or something

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i hear ya crm, i agree its not a perfect world and i also go rite threw all my sleds evry time they are ridden as ive got 5 cat sleds and they also haul my wife a three boys around so i cant afford break down or a crash because of lacking maintanence . your on your own once yu load it up the first time .
take care and sled safe evry 1 ....:d

W O T

Reaction score
That does it. I blew up the old POS Powder Special, and was looking for a new ride. (thought it would never blow!) Checked out Don's and he has a couple machines I'm interested in.
Just thought I'd google DSP and came across this thread. Now I'm definiatly giving him another call tomorrow. Sounds like it will be worth the drive.

hurtinalbertin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i here ya my point was made loud and clear to them i no they read these rants , but it wont be worth my time to go to don or any farther anyways :)
over and out

I wouldn't complain over a little oil. I haven't heard anything bad about Don's. Try dealing with ethier dealer around Grande Prairie.:mad: My next sled will be from Don's

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well hurtin albertin you have your opinion and i will have mine and oil isnt goona break me but there attitude sucks , you think just enough oil to cycle the pump is ok , i thought that was bad buisness and worth complaining about .....ive bought three new cat sleds over the last 4 years, 1 new cat quad , and 2 new gm trucks and all came with oil as i would expect them to ..
i will go to rokenville sask. next purchase ive talked to them a few times and they realy seem to wanna please even willing to meat up to save me from travelling all the way there ....

thumb down for dons

bigdog67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well Swabby,you're entitle to your opinion,but unfortunately I disgree.Had nothing but good things to say about the dealings I've had with Don's and as for meeting you,I came home from work in Edmonton and my new ride was sitting in my garage.Hope it works out better for you next time.

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ordered over $300 in parts and in less than 24hours it was at the bus stop in ft mcmurray ready to be picked up. No matter how much or how little you are spending, Don's is on the ball. Thumbs Up!

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fallen what does it matter what your spending ,good service and attitude should not be an issue or come at a price :nono:, but any way ive bought 2 sleds 1 new and 1 used and a 1 new 4 place trailer there and @ $3000 in xtras .my last visit there was my last
if there good to you then you go
drive safe :d

Top Bottom