Don's Speed Parts ..ROCKS!

shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought my sled from them last year,local dealers wouldn't come close to there price,$5300 compared to $7500 in the city so Ifigured it was worth the drive.Did the deal over the phone and when I got there everything was alrerady to go,just had to do some paper work pick up a few extra things and I was back on the road.Real friendly staff and very helpful.I'd definately go back for my next sled or quad.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not really that far.... Only 2-2 1/2 hour drive I would suspect?

It's a 5 hour drive (one way) for me. I always said that I'll drive a long way for great service and a dealer that still cares after the sale is completed.:d

klswine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ll It is good to hear everyones support for kinghorn in wainwright. Just bought my first sled through him in june. My son also started an apprenticship through him. Great staff there and Don is great to deal with. Glad Im only 1/2hr away. We've got 6 new cats coming to town this fall should be a good season for me and the buds. :d:beer:

Jabs

Reaction score
Yeah Don's is great, when i had my cat and i blew up the top end I went to don's to fix it and it ran better than before the slight explosion. My dad now rides that sled and it still have a lot of go and its only 580

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I lived in Wainwright I even took my ski-doo there to get repaired! Definately one of the best shops around!

2hills

Reaction score
I bought it ... A new M8 ... sold my modded rt 1000.....and now for my next number... TURBO ! Thax Don speed parts

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would not buy anything there again there new attitude sucks---------:nono:

Last edited by a moderator:

yamahacurtis

Reaction score
Its good to know that you can still get good service! I have owned Yamaha for 22 years and there is not a good dealer to be had around the Edmonton area. This is the last year for Yamaha's for me. I'm going to take a ripping from the guys but Cat's were it's at. I can't wait to meet Don. P.S I hope you are reading this Darrin.

raustincat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its good to know that you can still get good service! I have owned Yamaha for 22 years and there is not a good dealer to be had around the Edmonton area. This is the last year for Yamaha's for me. I'm going to take a ripping from the guys but Cat's were it's at. I can't wait to meet Don. P.S I hope you are reading this Darrin.

wow a little poke at your closest yammi dealer.... brave

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would not expect anything other than the reg. cat promotions from don thats for sure, darrin is great to deal with i found, also mark was good also, just DONS chity attitude and the debit company they use sucks------ took over a month to get all my money back they took 4swipes * @$630 bucks each time =@ $2500 bucks i am not empressed 1 bit,always take a stick with yu to dip the oil tank yu should see @ 1" of oil thats what DON TOLD ME when i got home and low oil light came on while unloading my new sled ,i no the true side of them so yu have your fun getting a -------------------- are xtra ps. hey DON maybee next time a customer calls you about something maybee try not being so erogant and pissy maybee you need to start taking a second look at that instead of reading about it on the internet
:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive known don for quite a number of years and have bought many sleds from him as well as other brands at the same time.I think don is one of the best dealers out there.Very few dealers out there would let you load up a shop sled to take to the hills when yours is down as i have seen don do numerous times.
"Swabby" i cant comment on your experience as i dont know the whole story but i do know don gets way to many calls from customers with endless bitching about tiny things, i dont know how he takes it.
Don now has a couple daughters and i belive a son inlaw working there and is the happiest ive seen him in some time.
Keep in mind you get from people what you give.

Beekeeper

Reaction score
In aug 08 I saw an non current M8 on Don's website, while I was in Afghainistan. I called and spoke to Mark on the phone. With a $500 deposit on my credit card, he assured me the M8 would be ready for pick up on my return to Canada in Oct 08. You can appreciate my concern of some one possibly walking in with the cash driving away with this sled. I called Mark a couple of times expressing my concern. He reassured me the sled was still in transit from the U.S. and that it was mine. In Oct. I drove to Wainwright and Mark gave me the booked trade in value for my X-Fire and after chatting with Don for a while he gave me and my buddy Boston Pizza coupons for lunch, my buddy was just along for the ride. All accessories that I orered were installed as I requested. This is the 2nd sled I bought from Don...and I will be definetly going back!

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
each to there own, but that is my last deal there , i called him to simply ask about it when he took it upon himeself to get chity,look i expect to half to buy spare plugs ,a belt ,cover, oil and whatever else i think i need but a new sled i expect to be have enough oil in it to go around the yard, so enjoy your free lunch at least you got that ....:violin::lol2::trustme:

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Swabby, you might not of got any injector oil out of the deal but at least you got alot of sour grapes! :) Maybe Don was just having a really crappy day and you just happned to call at the wrong time. You still should have had oil to the full line IMO.

Anyhow, I busted a crank years ago hitting a sump... clutch broke off and crank pto end done. Don himself quoted my $1200.00 - $1500.00 to repair/rebuild. 2 weeks late I got a call from DSP saying job was complete and asking were to ship it. Bill came to $830.00 incl g.s.t.. I picked it up from Don in Edmonton and I was a happy camper. Reassembled my engine and it was as good as new for many more miles.

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey scotty i definitly got the grapes but all i wanted was oil :)lol.,dons bad day or not im a easy guy to keep happy i just wanted don to justify why the tank was empty and make that all make sens and we would still be doing buisness together , i was disrespected and thats why i now have no respect back as youve probly read in some of my rants i might not be going about this the right way but at least ive tryed make my fellow sled heads aware (some times if you dont yell you wont be heard)you no what im sayin, cat all the way 6 sleds and a quad in the inventory upgrade evry year, to bad for them cause i realy liked them b4 this last purchase of soured grapes :d

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear ya. Spend that kind of cash you want to feel appreciated by the vendor no doubt. For the 8 bucks of oil in the res. that they could have included this issue may not exisit. Sometimes you got to just say oh well and forget it. Sometimes you got to raise a major stink so that things change for the better. :confused: If everybody just took crap then we all would always get crap. You make a good point.

I'd let it go at this point. If you want to get a positive response from here on? I'd write DSP a really nice mature yet strongly stated letter addressing your concerns and dissapointment. You might get a couple free jugs of oil dropped off at your door step?? :d:d You get what I'm saying Right?

:confused::d

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i here ya my point was made loud and clear to them i no they read these rants , but it wont be worth my time to go to don or any farther anyways :)
over and out

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
needed some help with boondocker settings and barry from dsp gave me all the info i needed and told me to call back if i needed anymore help seems to be a great bunch of guys:beer:

cey800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A good friend of mine took a seld back to Don's for a simple extroverts install. And after riding the sled, we found that they forgot to add oil to the chain case. Minor detil I guess. Good old Don's speed parts, or was that speed------------?

Top Bottom