Doing drops

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure your throttle is good and clamped to your handlebars too...haha. I was doing to try a drop about the size you were when we were out banging ditches last winter. I rode up to the edge and went to blip the throttle, but the throttle pivoted down and out from under my thumb and I barely got any gas out of it. Over I go, and straight down like a rock haha. Lucky I didn't break anything!

Johnny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
some good tips posted , my 2 cents are go with downhill landings and soft snow conditions ....fluffy = good... frozen = pain... def recommend smaller drops first, big ones landed badly can wreck your sled and your back for a long, long time.....

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is at Allan creek
http://youtu.be/rtHIFlCK46Q
You can kinda see the throttle in vid.
Short tracked machines in the 150's are very forgiving in flight. Let go of throttle machine front will dive. Full throttle machine will point to the sky. Start on the small side of the lip and keep working to the bigger stuff.
I went to 174 this past season and drops were scary sh!t on that long thing. to long to correct for bad take offs in flight. I will be ride a 163 this season hope it flys as good as my 155 did

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Love that drop. Last year it wasn't there but the year before it was massive. Changes every season.

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I took the chris brown clinic last year and learned quite a few things. He got me to do my first drop, about 25 feet, and after watching him do it and listening to all the tips it was a piece of cake and tons of fun. He said all the same things being said in this thread but what really helped me was seeing how easy it was when you learn to pick the right spot.

SLAYERMIKE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I broke my back on a big drop with fresh snow and a nice run out, just landed in a hole. Lots of unknows out there but I got lucky and it hasn't held me back. Start small and work your way up as you get comfortable, not many things are as much fun as big drops. Be safe!

Last edited:

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have took hook up for a ride and go over some drops I guess. Like Momma says no flat landings tends to wreck backs tracks and skids. Right Jared lol

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I took the chris brown clinic last year and learned quite a few things. He got me to do my first drop, about 25 feet, and after watching him do it and listening to all the tips it was a piece of cake and tons of fun. He said all the same things being said in this thread but what really helped me was seeing how easy it was when you learn to pick the right spot.

I did as well in Golden and it was well worth the money spent for sure! I will do it again just for the great time we had and EXCELLENT experience!

Cool thing is is he's gunna have diff category clinics I hear. So so riders to more advanced cant wait!

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We will practice the GDM Gradual Drop Method. Start small and work your way into the bigger ones lol. Its all good until someone lawn darts her.

Buddy of mine broke his wrist from playing lawn darts same drop from the video I posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That there drop, causes the most injuries I have seen and had to deal with in my years around Valemount. Flaaaaat landing....
yeah a flat landing is just asking to get hurt.

Top Bottom