does it make it worse?

Syncustom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Running a mbrp can off of a slp y pipe and pipe? Would it require a controller...i know they say ou dont have to with the full kit but like being a little louder :)

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Running a mbrp can off of a slp y pipe and pipe? Would it require a controller...i know they say ou dont have to with the full kit but like being a little louder :)

On what????????

Luck.ycangus

Reaction score
every pipe is designed to run with THIER can. not others. and if you are running full exhaust you should already be running a fuel controller.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That depends on the sled. A lot of 800s are fine with single pipes. Others need programmers and some just need a jet

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's a question he will have to ask rkt. I know he dynos tons of different combinations and will only reccomend the ones that work together. But chances are it will be his y pipe stock pipe and stock can. Seems to work best. Any big bore I've ever had they say most of the aftermarket exhausts and cans just decrease performance on the big bores.

MonsterM8Turbo

Reaction score
From what i seen u dont get any gains with pipe it self, if u get a small gain its all in the y pipe. The main pipe is just the stock one with no insulated cover which isnt good. The pipe dosent retain its heat to burn the fuel. I would if u want a can go to NPP niels power pipes and get one built there cheap and neil does some awsome work!

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From my experience, and I've been running "The Thing" for several years it will work GREAT! I would leave that system as is and ride it first. That can does "things" that no other can will. Like keeping proper back pressure in that pipe allowing it to heat up. It also works off of sound waves. Call Al at the sled shed if your questioning it but I wouldn't be taking it off. Sounds like a deadly combo to me but what do I know, I've only been running "The Thing" since 02' and have mixed exhaust systems every time with deadly combos. For my 13' PRO I plan on doing the 858 kit with SLP pipe, and "The Thing" will be going back on no question.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by maxwell
Never a good idea to mix exhaust systems. Just sayin.

So is it gonna be detrimental for my buddy to use the "the thing" can with the dynoport y-pipe and pipe he got with that rk tek 860 he just bought?

From my experience, and I've been running "The Thing" for several years it will work GREAT! I would leave that system as is and ride it first. That can does "things" that no other can will. Like keeping proper back pressure in that pipe allowing it to heat up. It also works off of sound waves. Call Al at the sled shed if your questioning it but I wouldn't be taking it off. Sounds like a deadly combo to me but what do I know, I've only been running "The Thing" since 02' and have mixed exhaust systems every time with deadly combos. For my 13' PRO I plan on doing the 858 kit with SLP pipe, and "The Thing" will be going back on no question.

Top Bottom