does it damage

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are right about the honda transmission but Ive heard a lot of horror stories about them in the past! One last thing,As for performance the Honda is last but I suppose as long as you get there.
catmando!

my little honda is great...no big power but hey, it keeps up...usually the test quad seeing as its the smallest one...had it upto the fenders in water and kept goin...kinda...stalled out but got it running in time and backed right out...one thing is i hate the thumb shift

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Well... if you actually have to ask this question then you have never really riden your atv in water up to the handle bars :confused: If you have then you would already know the answer.

Ofcourse it is not good to do that. Kind of like asking if it is OK to drive your sled on dirt and gravel.

If you are thinking about trying to drive through 4 feet of water plan on spending the time and effort as described in rknight111's reply above!!!

You mean your not supposed to ride a sled on dirt and gravel??? To think all these years .... lol
Anyways Ron had some great advice the only other thing to check is your front and rear diff. they will have a vent tube of some sort and at that depth they will have taken on water. PS. when you change your oil buy the cheapest Crappy Tire 4 liter jug of oil as you basically put it in run for a few min and drain. On my cat it took three changes to clear it up .. who would have thought cats don't like water!!:eek:

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Sorry I see Ron mentioned those diffs too .... carry on don't mind me:confused:

Top Bottom