Does Anyone Work for Teck Mining?

skinnybitch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone in BC works for Teck Mining? They have a couple of positions in a couple of locations that have piqued my curiosity and wondering if a life change may be in order. Thanks!

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kind of funny. I was looking at that too just last week contemplating going back wrenching again. If there was only work for the wife out there I think I would try to get on sooner than later.

skinnybitch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same same but would need work for my husband out there too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I assume you are probably looking at Sparwood? Teck has been looking for a long time

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depending on what work you are looking for the pulp mill at Skookumchuck is looking for tradespeople, both full time and temps.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went to a job fair of theres in pg last year. The recruiter told me it was legal to ride sleds in one of the towns they operate out of....thats about the only thing I can recall from that job fair other than the spongy rock truck I got lol

I did apply wanting to get on as a laborer and work into an apprenticeship but never heard back from them

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
in previous years it is legal to run sleds in Elkford. sparwood no way
I went to a job fair of theres in pg last year. The recruiter told me it was legal to ride sleds in one of the towns they operate out of....thats about the only thing I can recall from that job fair other than the spongy rock truck I got lol

I did apply wanting to get on as a laborer and work into an apprenticeship but never heard back from them

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
one of the teck mines is having labour issues and it could come down to a strike or lock out stay tuned

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
one of the teck mines is having labour issues and it could come down to a strike or lock out stay tuned

Which one?
According to their website they are looking for HD Mechs for all their operating mines. Greenhills is the only non-union one but it honestly wouldn't matter to me which one I went to.

Biggest thing is getting the wife a job. She is a certified OH&S grad from U of A fresh out of school and can't find a job anywhere as a safety admin or safety advisor. Everyone wants like 2 or more years experience and a valid DL which she doesn't have even though she has worked in the trades and as a medic, safety watch, and a couple other similar positions for the last 7 years. Frustrating for her.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Line Creek is the mine that could go out but time will time. and yes they are looking for HD mechanics
Which one?
According to their website they are looking for HD Mechs for all their operating mines. Greenhills is the only non-union one but it honestly wouldn't matter to me which one I went to.

Biggest thing is getting the wife a job. She is a certified OH&S grad from U of A fresh out of school and can't find a job anywhere as a safety admin or safety advisor. Everyone wants like 2 or more years experience and a valid DL which she doesn't have even though she has worked in the trades and as a medic, safety watch, and a couple other similar positions for the last 7 years. Frustrating for her.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Which one?

If you are thinking the experience part is holding her back, get her to fill out an application for a heavy hauler position. The training is awesome with the simulators and that way she can get her foot in the door. She may get a job quicker than you, hahahaha

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are thinking the experience part is holding her back, get her to fill out an application for a heavy hauler position. The training is awesome with the simulators and that way she can get her foot in the door. She may get a job quicker than you, hahahaha
if I remember correctly, if you dont have a valid drivers license they wont allow you to operate a haul truck.

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if I remember correctly, if you dont have a valid drivers license they wont allow you to operate a haul truck.

Man that would be a really stupid rule. " so I see you drive a PT cruiser in your personal life? Welcome Aboard, you start Monday! Now this truck is around 250-300 tons heavier than your car, but if you hold a class five drivers licence you'll be just fine". LOL!

Top Bottom