Does anyone do evening riding in the edmonton area

rpt247

Reaction score
I'm not to sure where to go around here in the evenings or days anyone know of some spots i'm from up north so not to familiar with this area

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The best place I've gone so far relatively close is Hell's Half Acre (Range Road 24) Might be a bit muddy yet, but I like goin there for a quick rip in the evenings. It's private-owned land, and there's a number on the fence you can call for permission to ride. If you head west out of the city on either HWY 16 or 16A, shortly after they join RR24 is on the right and you will turn and head north on it until it bends to the right, just there on the left you will see a fenced off area, there you will see the sign and number to call and you can simply open the fence and drive in and stage.

Another place we've gone in the past is south on 199 St down along the river there is trails, supposively these trails are suppose to lead all the way to Devon, but we have yet to figure this out as when we've ridden them they come to a dead end. This land is owned by a farmer, and he doesnt mind people riding on the trails along the river but lately he's been getting really pissed off with garbage and fires.

Just remember your insurance and registration, even on the private owned land at HHA.. I got busted there last year. Cops love going down to 199st too.

rpt247

Reaction score
that sucks did they charge you or just give you a warning. Well thanks think i rip down 199st tonight? Do you have to contact the farmer prior to going down? Is there info down there or just unload and go?

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I got a no registration ticket, I got off easy cuz I had no insurance either. Its private land so I figured I was ok.

I haven't been down to 199st since the beginning of last season but no you don't call anyone you just go a tyour own risk, i have ran into the farmer before though and he said its okay to ride but he was getting mad that people were ruining it. 199st comes to a dead end, and just before onthe left hand side there is a big field and there is some ways to get through and down to the river, but you have to park and stage on the side of the road. good luck and let me know how it goes

Landrew

Reaction score
That is where a Gravel Pit is planned to go. I went there late last year and all the trail access was blocked off.

Stop the Gravel Pit

Has anyone been there this year ?

It was a nice spot for a quick ride and my kids loved it there. We run insur. and plates.

I would love to talk to the farmer and get a signed letter of approval.

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is where a Gravel Pit is planned to go. I went there late last year and all the trail access was blocked off.

Stop the Gravel Pit

Has anyone been there this year ?

It was a nice spot for a quick ride and my kids loved it there. We run insur. and plates.

I would love to talk to the farmer and get a signed letter of approval.

Yeah I think you might be right Landrew cuz i was there in the middle of summer or beginning and I noticed that they were slowly starting to block accesses to the trails..so i'm not sure haven't been there since

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
HHA is not private land, it's crown. That particular staging area you use might be private but the trail system itself is crown land and patroled by the parkland & Lac St.Anne county peace officers.

Peace officers have no jurisdiction on private property, only crown land including hwy. ditches and undeveloped road allowances.

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HHA is not private land, it's crown. That particular staging area you use might be private but the trail system itself is crown land and patroled by the parkland & Lac St.Anne county peace officers.

Peace officers have no jurisdiction on private property, only crown land including hwy. ditches and undeveloped road allowances.

ahh gotcha, I dont know why someone told me it was private land, I guess maybe because you gotta call some guy to ask permission was our first assumption that it was private land. Maybe it is just the staging area and the field then :confused: OHwell either way I got insurance and registration now so i'm good to go!

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
ahh gotcha, I dont know why someone told me it was private land, I guess maybe because you gotta call some guy to ask permission was our first assumption that it was private land. Maybe it is just the staging area and the field then :confused: OHwell either way I got insurance and registration now so i'm good to go!

I'd even question whether the staging area is private, if it's where I'm thinking it's where the range road just ends.... the road may end but the crown road allowance does not. Not worth getting into a pissing match over if they have no issues when they call but it might just be so they can keep tabs on who is there when. there are other access areas as well so worst case even if they chose to tell you no it's not like they can keep you out of the riding area.... Just filling you in, if things are good this way no sense rocking the boat.

Ian

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah hmmm... I know the "cops" gave us the speil when we got fined, but I honestly wasn't really paying attention. Because we told them we thought it was private land, and I do remember them saying something about crown land but then I didn't understand why there was a sign on the gate that said to call to ask for permission.. why do you need permission to ride on crown land?? Weird, ohwell whatever the case is I dont need to worry about it anymore:eek:

Pavlick

Reaction score
Out by Bruderheim there is a lot of riding... northing to intense but it's not a bad drive either. You can stage by the Shell Scottsford up-grader or expansion plant. But beware.. sometimes fish and feathers are out there so either get legal or ride fast.

Moose5864

Reaction score
I'm new to Edmonton and if anyone would like to go quading/dirtbiking after work some night give me a shout.

Cheers,

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm definitely gonna be lookin to get out thurs/fri evening and on the weekend sometime while my other half is off to vegas

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking maybe a nice quite leisurely ride out at HHA Thurs or perhaps Fri evening if anyone is interested? Haven't been out there yet this season..anyone know what the conditions are like?

w3schultz

Reaction score
I have gone out by Bruderheim a few times, lots of fun and variety. I've gone to the area beside Shilo Ranch. Is there another area on the other side of the North Sask river too? What is the best staging area if there is?
Thanks all.

Top Bottom