Do you drive with your fog lights on?

Fog Light Survey?

• I drive w fog light on 24/7 ?

Votes: 11 10.7%
  • I use them when needed?

Votes: 72 69.9%
  • I have no problem with them?(dont use them)!

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I own a ball peen hammer ! (LOL!)

Votes: 14 13.6%

• Total voters
S

sldgy

While we are on the subject of lights, how about those who drive with the parking lights on at dusk or dawn!

I believe that they are called parking lights for a reason. My understanding of their function is they are to be used when the vehicle is stationary!!!!

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't turn the driving lights off on the wifes Windstar, but I wish I could, cause they drive me crazy in oncoming traffic.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
What about the tards that drive with there driving or fogs lights on during the day????I asked SOMEONE that one day and he replied to me ,you want to be seen don't you?I thought if those 2 little lights are going to save you from someone not seeing you then you are even more retarted than i thought you were in the first place.(My inlaws)

H2SNOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on my Bimmer they are on all of the time ...they are low and don't really blind anybody.....on a pick up absolutey not......on my Kenworth ,,,,,well $200 dollar tickets is what you get ..

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
use mine whenever needed. but gotta say that they are half as annoying as those fuggin blue headlights that blind the crap out of oncoming traffic. just my two cents

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Barely ever use them. People are stupid when flashing though. I can't even count how many times i've been flashed on the highway without my fogs or high beams on :rant: I mean they are pointed a bit higher then stock, but it don't mean anything.

2 lane I turn both off, but 4 lane I will keep the fogs on as they don't affect people.

rounder

Reaction score
can tell you all this. working nights and driving hwy2 1 hour each way to work even on 4 lane hi-way they are a pain in the arse! also one of my best friends is calgary police and its a 250 fine if you are using them without fog or other neccesary conditions. also know that C.P.S. wont ticket you for it unless your being a jerk, however RCMP will cause my neighbor got one in the winter

mudbug

Reaction score
Trying to figure out why you call them fog lights, fog lights
have a yellow lense mostly used in BC and I believe there are illigal to use in alberta. The lights you are refering to are called driving lights, and I suppose when your driving you should have them on. I don't have a problem with people having them on, yes there is some that are brighter then other's but I would rather see people with there lights on then the IDIOT"S that don't know what lights are for.
By the way I do drive with mine on only when roads, weather condions are poor. Just my 2 cent's :d:d

:danceMsn:

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually after just finishing installing some pia DRIVING LIGHTS. The instructions for wiring clearly state to wire them up so that they only work when your high beams are on. Not many people do install them like this though.

joeboo73

Reaction score
With my work truck 08 tundra people are always flashing me thinking my brightes are on I FRIGGIN hate that, then they finger me when i do flash my brightes. So suck it up

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I love the attitude of some people;"My lights are sooo bright they piss off everyone I meet,but I don't care!!!"My dodge 3500 with overload springs changes angle drastically empty vs pulling a trailer.Takes about 2 minutes to adjust headlights.Not only does this point them at the road where they are actually doing some good,but doesn't blind every oncoming vehicle.Just my 2cents

MACHINE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem with my Tundra 08 also like you said people always flash me and it's really annoying.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love the attitude of some people;"My lights are sooo bright they piss off everyone I meet,but I don't care!!!"My dodge 3500 with overload springs changes angle drastically empty vs pulling a trailer.Takes about 2 minutes to adjust headlights.Not only does this point them at the road where they are actually doing some good,but doesn't blind every oncoming vehicle.Just my 2cents

Here's the funny thing that I laugh at most people for. Angle of your headlights is USELESS on the highway for oncoming traffic. If they are higher they just hit them sooner, so whatever? My truck is a Dodge 3500 to, and my headlights won't adjust low enough to go back to stock, but I do have airbags for the back and loaded it doesn't change. If people don't like it they can go f*ck themselves, it makes zero difference. I'm not stupid like many who leave brights on, or those super bright HID's or other driving lights. My lights don't do ch!t all.

Cumminsnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wear glasses and I notice it affects me more when I wear my glasses then when I wear my contacts. The glare is twice as bad with four lights on as two lights and twice as bad with my glasses so if you have your fog/driving lights on you well get my high beams, fog/driving lights, and my driving lights with blue shields. In quebec(I'm not from there) I heard it's against the law to have anymore then two lights on at one time

polcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Usually only use them in the winter months when I'm out on the highway or the back roads in the dark as they light up the ditches real well. Other trucks and cars don't seem to have a problem with them just the poor truckers sittin way up there like to hit ya with the high beams, so now I have my finger on the lever ready to hit em back. Love it when they decide to put all them on, like it bothers me ha ha.

KH2110

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sometimes use them.... but usually turn them off when towing...

If I forget though, some -------- will be sure to remind me by flashing

Last edited by a moderator:

Landrew

Reaction score
Canada
Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 108 requires DRLs on all new vehicles made or imported after January 1, 1990. Canada's proposed DRL regulation was essentially similar to regulations in place in Scandinavia, with an axial luminous intensity limit of 1,500 candelas, but automakers objected, claiming it was too expensive to add a new front lighting device, and would increase warranty costs (by dint of increased bulb replacements) to run the low beams. After a pitched regulatory battle, the standard was rewritten to permit the use of reduced-voltage high beam headlamps producing up to 7,000 axial candelas, as well as permitting any light color from white to amber or selective yellow. These changes to the regulation permitted automakers to implement a less-costly DRL, such as by connecting the high beam filaments in series to supply each filament with half its rated voltage, or by burning the front turn signals full time except when they are actually flashing as turn indicators.

Yellow is ok as far as this states.

I use Yellow fog lamps mounted as my DRL's and point them down, but do have properly aimed HID's as my headlights and they are a bit bright. When I go to high beams the HID's stay on so I am running a quad beam setup at that point. High beams I rarely use except when coming back from the mountians when I want to make sure I see animals so I can react.
Lots of newly designed reflectors in headlamps are so bright now and of course an already high truck thats lifted puts them right in cars eyes.

So it is the right of the person driving to see or the right of the other driver not to be blinded? Remembering to aim them properly and use highs when needed certainly helps.

Top Bottom