Do you drive with your fog lights on?

Fog Light Survey?

• I drive w fog light on 24/7 ?

Votes: 11 10.7%
  • I use them when needed?

Votes: 72 69.9%
  • I have no problem with them?(dont use them)!

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I own a ball peen hammer ! (LOL!)

Votes: 14 13.6%

• Total voters

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was doing a bit of running around last night and it drives me crazy when people seem to think its cool to drive with there fog lights on.It is even worse in the morning when the lights seem alot brighter.The lights are so much brighter now than when I started driving that fog lights are pretty much useless other than when it is foggy.If driving with your fog lights on is the only way you have to be cool.....give up,your done LOL!Almost everyone you talk to agrees,but it amazes me how many people still do it.
There ,I feel better.....Now turn your fog lights off!
catmando!:mad: :rant: :mad:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I always have mine on, I don't really call them fog lights though as they are white lights. I find it widens my lights a bit and makes things easier to see (especially when headlights are dirty). I have do however turn them off once I get to city limits, but on the highway or my side roads to the acreage I always have them on.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gotta agree with Catman(doh!):D . Fog lights in town are as annoying as heck .

Last edited by a moderator:

Shifty423

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been blinded a couple time on the way home from Vale in the dark and man ditches get alot closer to the truck when all you can see is white... I now have a hammer...lol:nono:

farmer4ever

Reaction score
I don't mind them near so much when they are factory foglights. The ones that really annoy me are the aftermarket ones people put on that are super bright and they dont take time to actually check where they're pointing. So instead of pointing down at the road like fog lights should they are pointing straight at the persons eyes they are meeting. I rarely use mine with the exception of the odd snow storm, but I never use them around town or if I am pulling a trailer or have something heavy in my box.

Junior Highmark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ahah i drive with them on all the time!!!

even though im only 12 and the only thing i have that moves fast is my sled!

and i used to have a Little motor bike that iwould ride around all the time

sledhead65

Reaction score
These butt monkeys who drive with thier fogs on during clear conditions have forgotten what it is like to be on the recieving end.. SAVE THEM FOR WHEN U NEED THEM!!!!!

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Use them when foggy, damn chev and gm pickups are bright especially when have a load

Cumminsnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I only use them when some IDIOT is coming towards me with his on then after the IDIOT is past I shut them off!

I used to drive truck on night shift and after a looking into lights all night I found that when someone had there fog lights on I had a hard time to see the road. Some people seam to think that being high up in a truck the lights don't bother you but it is not true(they bother me!). Just remember would you like to blind that trucker that has worked all night hauling 65 tons down the highway I don't.

P.S. I do carry a ball peen hammer!

GRD

Reaction score
I agree farmer. The factory ones are not to bad. The after market ones a too bright.

I don't mind them near so much when they are factory foglights. The ones that really annoy me are the aftermarket ones people put on that are super bright and they dont take time to actually check where they're pointing. So instead of pointing down at the road like fog lights should they are pointing straight at the persons eyes they are meeting. I rarely use mine with the exception of the odd snow storm, but I never use them around town or if I am pulling a trailer or have something heavy in my box.

Snorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have some daylighters that usually persurades some people to turn em off. i gotta be able to see too when i'm getting blinded.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
don't intentionally drive with the foggys on when oncoming traffic is near. some are definitely worse than others. i'll flash the lights at oncoming traffic if they are blinding, but you may be a moron to blind a vehicle coming at you, as oh f--- may be the last thought you have. two wrongs don't make it right. hammers may lead to a little road rage, as in you bringing a hammer to a gun fight. maybe a little common sense should prevail.

Dslayer

Reaction score
In most cases, the lights you are referring to are considered a driving light, not a fog light. Fog lights (generally yellow in color)have a sharp cutoff which is what makes them work so well in the fog. I run mine (stock driving lights) with my headlights all the time. They have saved me a few times from deer because they project out farther to the side than my headlights, therefore picking up the deer approaching from the side.

Everyone has their preference. I use mine all the time. If you don't like them, bright me....though you may not like the amount of light you get back when you do it;)

94fordguy

I do on occasion when they are needed for extra light, IE; down city side streets or in the mountains on the highway when you really need to be careful of animals/roadside obstructions. Many lights can be annoying, so I just stick with the factory 'fog' lights on my Expedition and I have a set of aftermarket lights on my truck, but they are pointed down to light up the 50 ft immediately in front of the truck where the regular lights seem to 'overlook' so to speak. I dont't like being blinded by other people so I try not to do it in return:beer:

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In most cases, the lights you are referring to are considered a driving light, not a fog light. Fog lights (generally yellow in color)have a sharp cutoff which is what makes them work so well in the fog. I run mine (stock driving lights) with my headlights all the time. They have saved me a few times from deer because they project out farther to the side than my headlights, therefore picking up the deer approaching from the side.

Everyone has their preference. I use mine all the time. If you don't like them, bright me....though you may not like the amount of light you get back when you do it;)

I agree they are called driving lights and driving hi way 63 with a lot of wildlife i always have them on to make the ditches brighter, had too many close calls.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
yea your right they are "driving lights"...but non the less, many especially aftermarket ones are overly bright.....as stated they are for lighting up more of the ditch, and giving a wider range of view......much like a high beam, i know thats what i use my hight beams for anyways....to see more, so much like high beams you should use the same respect, when a vehicle is approaching, how hard is it to flick them off???? and if some some gives you a quick flash cause its had on their eyes, why hit them with more?? just click em off till them pass.....courtesy on the road is lacking, like i'm sure a lot of you do i dirve the highway A LOT, close to 2 hours a day, and between high beams, "driving lights", people who drive the same speed as the slow lane in the fast lane, people who speed up when you attempt to pass, or pass and then slow down...there is no wonder there is road rage.

i'm not sayin i'm just sayin

Top Bottom