Do you carry extra gas with the Pro RMK

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the powder keg, the lager one that dosent fit under the seat. Used it, hated how it made my sled look like a touring sled. Went back to the fuel can and bag in a rack and wholy hell did snow stick to everything. Not to mention my stuff in my bags got completely soaked so im going back to the powder keg. Next to know snow and ice build up and everything stays dry.

ASSAULTrmk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also use the mountain addiction rack & the only day i didn't bring up fuel last year I ran out at km 7 on renshaw !! :(

Quicksand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, deflinatly not waterproof but I feel its worth the $400 for the setup, by the time you put another system on for fuel like mountain addiction or whatever and then another bag for storage your setup looks like Sh*t and hard to get into your frozen zippers on your bag, gas cans stick out like a sore thumb. Probably not too far off the $400 anyways. The keg sits tight, uses the wasted room under the seat and I've never noticed it while riding any type of terrrain, just 2 seconds to lock it on and done, plus mounting the system takes about 5 minutes with no drilling.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One problem with the keg is it traps heat into the tunnel coolers and causes overheating.

sent from A UNKNOWN PLACE IN TEA LAND

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One problem with the keg is it traps heat into the tunnel coolers and causes overheating.

sent from A UNKNOWN PLACE IN TEA LAND

The one i have cant. If anything it channels snow under it and keeps it cooler by holding snow. This is the one i have looks close to the same size as the burandt bag.
tuny4yqe.jpg

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the keg at least you have plenty of room for a Tow Strap,, which comes in a lot more handy for the Pro's than spare gas will...lol

Quicksand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone with a powderKeg ever had any overheat issues, I know I havent, not sure where that one came from

sketch96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just make sure you have your tunnel reinforced if you carry spare gas on the back. The polaris tunnel is only rated to carry i think 11 pds behind the seat. Thats not much. I buckled my tunnel right underneath the black triangular supports polaris rivets to the tunnel carrying a mountain addiction 3 gallon can with an underseat bag that I carry my water bottles in. It didnt take much. I ended up drilling out the stock gussets and cutting out the stock running boards on my 12 pro and installing a one piece running board and tunnel reinforcement that was way better. Stock tunnel is lightweight and not very strong.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 158716View attachment 158717pics arent great but you can see ther mountain addiction gas rack and can and the running board/tunnel reinforcement i had to install.

Im hoping the 13/14 are stronger with the billet boards. I may put a cat bumper on it to give it more strength and i think k mod makes some nice stiffening plates.

Top Bottom