Do or dont buy a M8

srxdude

Reaction score
I have a 09/1000 crossfire. Minor mods done to it with 1500 miles on it never had a problem. Cat has been good to me. Another thing to note though is rumor has it 95% of all Doos made are still on the trail today, the other 5% made it home.:d:d:d

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure I agree with people saying 2-strokes are ticking time bombs.

They are designed for a certain service interval. Provided maintenance and engine checks are done they can last a long time! If things are operating correctly, they won't grenade.

That being said a 2-stroke is a lot more simple and inexpensive. The Apex is a well built engine, and the Nytro has proven to be well built as well, but they still have issues. My buddies through a rode at 700 km's riding up a trail. I was there when it happend and throughout most of those lightly riden 700 km's.

Biggest thing is most people don't maintain engines as well as they should.

BOONDOCKINDAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
CAT all the way!!! i got an 05 m7 with 3000 miles on her and she runs as strong as the day i got her!!! Kerry the cat has never let me down!!!

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
09 M8 HCR 850 miles still purrin'.... only m8's ive ever seen go are cold seize, or detination due to old chitty fuel

MudPro10

Reaction score
DO!!lol i love mine. And with the warranty cat has you cant go wrong! I think right now its 3 years on a new sled...2 for sure.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing is invincible, we also towed one Poo out and had one flown out.

we had 16 sleds on our trip.......cats, doos, polaris, and yamahas........only one needed towing out and it was a 4 stroke phazer!

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The m8's a good sled, I have an 09 M8 snopro with 1200 miles, but the fact is they're all great. The m8's have a big hiccup intermittently from idle to wide open, and with the steering post being straight up and down your shoulders get sore after a day. Your best bet is to try one. some of my friends hate how the M8 feels, while the others hate how the xp feels. im yet to try an xp to have my own opinion.

sabercat2599

Reaction score
If you are going to ride in Sask but a short track. I have a Sabercat 700 and it has 2000 miles on it. Changed one set of plugs and just put the1st spare belt on last weekend. A/C's are hard on fuel, but reliable. And I have even made it to turbo hill at revy a couple of timeson it, So dont think you need a 700 foot track to ride on 6'' of snow. And they are all just nuts and bolts remember.

2010m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
love my sled lots of power and good on fuel compared to the other sled i run with. got about 800miles on it now (2010 m8 snopro)

Top Bottom