Diesel truck financing

ABOMB177

Reaction score
So after towing my 9000lbs fifth wheel with my ecoboost for two summers its starting to show signs that the truck isnt much more than a powerful street truck. So I'm going to head back to a diesel again but just wanted to know if and when diesels go 0% financing or close to it. I know the wifes GM was 0% in january but never paid attention to diesels. Any ideas? GOing for a duramax also and going 2015 for the new body.

gdvross

Reaction score
GM had diesels and gas trucks for zero % starting in March but it was on 2014 models so we bought one of each. I haven't heard them talking about it lately so you will have to wait till next winter and that was the first time I had seen zero on diesels.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's employee pricing on right now, but don't think that includes 0%

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So after towing my 9000lbs fifth wheel with my ecoboost for two summers its starting to show signs that the truck isnt much more than a powerful street truck. So I'm going to head back to a diesel again but just wanted to know if and when diesels go 0% financing or close to it. I know the wifes GM was 0% in january but never paid attention to diesels. Any ideas? GOing for a duramax also and going 2015 for the new body.

make sure your truck has full recalls done prior to leaving lot. The new 2015 HDs have a few recalls already.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I've seen its better to buy when not at 0%, you usually pay significantly less than sticker price and if you have decent credit you end up paying less in the end with a good interest rate, plus its an incentive to pay it off early.

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not alot of 15 diesels around. Pretty much have to order what you want right now. Wait till june next year for 0% probably. Nice trucks. Inlaws just got their order in. Very quiet.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LMFAO if you purchase it cheaper for cash , how is it 0 percent financing then ....
Boy ohh boy......

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^^^
Exactly
6000.00 off if purchase
Or finance at 0% and no rebate.
Hmmmmm
Only thing I have bought with true 0% is John Deere

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Off topic, but just curious what 'signs' your seeing on your Eco. Not being cheeky, just wondering.

I know Ford says that it will pull 11k, but christ that is a lot of weight for a half ton. Mine is about 6000 on the high end, and I can't say as I would want 2-3 thousand more on there. Mileage sucks bad enough under a load...

ABOMB177

Reaction score
Turbo lag is getting rediculous for a ford, rear end is starting to shutter bad, shifting extremely hard between 3-4 and 4-5, turbo is starting to make a odd whineing noise. Its all under warrenty but at 40,000 km im just not imppressed. Traded it off for a 15 duramax and couldnt be happier. Keep in mind I drove the truck probably a lot harder than I should have pulling the trailer but when it comes down to it, it is still a half ton and not a diesel so towing that weight cant be good for a v-6. On a side note I have a new set of firestone air bags for sale I never installed.

Off topic, but just curious what 'signs' your seeing on your Eco. Not being cheeky, just wondering.

I know Ford says that it will pull 11k, but christ that is a lot of weight for a half ton. Mine is about 6000 on the high end, and I can't say as I would want 2-3 thousand more on there. Mileage sucks bad enough under a load...

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Turbo lag is getting rediculous for a ford, rear end is starting to shutter bad, shifting extremely hard between 3-4 and 4-5, turbo is starting to make a odd whineing noise. Its all under warrenty but at 40,000 km im just not imppressed. Traded it off for a 15 duramax and couldnt be happier. Keep in mind I drove the truck probably a lot harder than I should have pulling the trailer but when it comes down to it, it is still a half ton and not a diesel so towing that weight cant be good for a v-6. On a side note I have a new set of firestone air bags for sale I never installed.

Did you have a duramax before? Can you compare with the '15? I really like the new ones.

'12 T4
Husaberg 570FE

ABOMB177

Reaction score
No I had the 08 6.0L power stroke and got rid of it when it started to intermitantly blow white smoke. the redesigned interiors of gm are a huge step up and the ride of gm's cant be beat even with a 1 ton. They have huge tanks but go a long ways on a tank of diesel and have plenty of power. The allison transmission can't be beat for towing and the exhaust break isnt really needed but still a good feature. I would reccomend them to anyone.

Did you have a duramax before? Can you compare with the '15? I really like the new ones.

'12 T4
Husaberg 570FE

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
picked up a 2015 f-350 lariat today sticker 79700 got it for 62000 14000 of that was employee pricing the other 3000 was haggling them ended up getting the truck for $400 above cost and at 5.24% interest im really happy

I think its way better to buy a diesel now at the end of the month with the employee pricing then waiting for 0%. for me if I took the full 6 years to pay it off(not gonna happen) the 5.24% interest would only cost me 7k I saved 17k of sticker seams like a no brainer to me

hope you like the new duramax (got a pic?) thought about it but could not pass up the deal I got

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No I had the 08 6.0L power stroke and got rid of it when it started to intermitantly blow white smoke. the redesigned interiors of gm are a huge step up and the ride of gm's cant be beat even with a 1 ton. They have huge tanks but go a long ways on a tank of diesel and have plenty of power. The allison transmission can't be beat for towing and the exhaust break isnt really needed but still a good feature. I would reccomend them to anyone.

So did you have an 08 ford or a 6.0 litre, you couldn't have had both at the same time!

Top Bottom