Did anyone else notice? (2013 summit rails)

MoThEr TrUcKeR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys am I the only one who noticed that all the sleds on brp's videos and web site have better rails then all of our sleds came with? For example the torsion springs on their sleds have a large variety of adjustment through the ability to change where the torsion spring slider is mounted?? Also they have a way flatter rail tip then what we have that gives our sleds that wicked dog leg in the track when under power wich takes away floatation big time?? Heres the pic off the net, look at the rails.

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
remember these early photos in the brochures and videos were prototype test sleds. they would have drilled multiple holes to test the best location for the spring support. that gave them the ability to change its position on the hill very easily. from there they can figure out the best location then on the production models there will only be a single hole like you have on your sled. as far as the rails same deal. there would have been 10+ different rail angles tested. and again through testing they determined the best angle for the average rider and went from there. cant have it to shallow or it will poke through the rails and alot of people like myself hate shallow attack angles it makes the sled handle like a turd and will only get you 5ft higher on the hill

MoThEr TrUcKeR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Makes sence, but at the same time would be nice to have some of that adjustment available for myself just to fine tune it a little more if my prefrence is different then their test riders. I have ice age rails on my xm now anyway with a way shallower attack and anti stab kit. I rode my buddies with the same rails I put on and I thought it handled way better and got up on the snow what felt like 10 times better?And I noticed alot of guys trying out toms powder wedges with good reviews to get a little help in the early trenching out area by minimizing the dog leg, Just rider prefrence I guess!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Makes sence, but at the same time would be nice to have some of that adjustment available for myself just to fine tune it a little more if my prefrence is different then their test riders. I have ice age rails on my xm now anyway with a way shallower attack and anti stab kit. I rode my buddies with the same rails I put on and I thought it handled way better and got up on the snow what felt like 10 times better?And I noticed alot of guys trying out toms powder wedges with good reviews to get a little help in the early trenching out area by minimizing the dog leg, Just rider prefrence I guess!

thats just it. they can build a boondocking sled, a climbing sled, a jumping sled, or a meadow muffin but i think marketing dictates that the sled should be the best "all around" package for its users. yep there ARE THINGS you can do to make it climb better etc. but again. your preference and maybe not someone elses.

Top Bottom