after riding the 2013...thoughts

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back from Sicamous to ride the 2013 XM's all day sunday.

My day was a photocopy of Maxwells.(except there was about 3 feet heavy pow;)) First class, the thing handles extremely well, When you are sidehilling it goes where you want, and it became almost thoughtless. Jumping from 12's to 13's was a good thing, because it made you realize what stability the t-motion had and how AWESOME the running boards were.. Carl was a first class man who helped out in every way he could. He took a couple of super technical lines in the trees, and did a few big air jumps too. Man can that guy ride!

Cross cutting ruts on a sidehill was the most noticable. You could still pick and hold a line thru ruts and bumps. I think the deeper keel ski has some play in that.
The goggle warmer needs a fan or something.. The gauge cluster to unplug/plug back in was a pain, until we discovered the gauge cluster popped off effortlessly with a flat blade screwdriver.

I like the mountain bar. It was there when you needed it, and not a floppy wet noodle. Many hated it, but I loved it..

This sled is tight. I couldn't think of anything major that I could improve on it. It felt light, handled unbelievable, and... yeah it's the real deal.

Last edited:

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we just found out the fathernlaw will be having a tripple bypass friday morning, so not sure what is going to happen

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we just found out the fathernlaw will be having a tripple bypass friday morning, so not sure what is going to happen

Sorry to hear that. I hope everything works out alright for you guys Fred. Let us know as soon as you can. There may be an opportunity to ride it later in March as our DM is giving it to us to take out.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Daryl will be riding one this weekend in Sicamous. Not sure he has even seen the T motion yet last time I talked to him.

I'm sure you're correct. Like I said it was just a rumor I heard.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have no clue whats thats about, looks like it time to change the passcode

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
i have no clue whats thats about, looks like it time to change the passcode
Not really sure why you would lie about it but nobody is surprised. Every dumb post from stinglikeabee was talking about how great the Aerocharger turbo was and how poorly everyone elses were...sound familiar? It is a dead giveaway.

Oh and not sure if you realize this...but when stinglikeabee logs on Snowest from FredW's computer, the Mods know exactly what is going on. Especially when he is supposed to be from Idaho? lol

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not really sure why you would lie about it but nobody is surprised. Every dumb post from stinglikeabee was talking about how great the Aerocharger turbo was and how poorly everyone elses were...sound familiar? It is a dead giveaway.

Oh and not sure if you realize this...but when stinglikeabee logs on Snowest from FredW's computer, the Mods know exactly what is going on. Especially when he is supposed to be from Idaho? lol

damn technology hahahahahhaha

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i cant log on to clearify anything, not sure whats happening their, someone screwing with me, gotta like snowest

as for the pms about taking my spot at mr rs, give them a call, ryan is taking care of that

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I was able to finally ride the new 2013 XM on Saturday with Carl Kuster at Eagles Pass. First off if you ever get a chance to ride with Carl it is a really neat deal. He is Doo's answer to the Burandt and Rasmusson followers and is every bit as good as them in my honest opinion. A super great host and guide as well. On to the XM.... Carl and Rob Alford took our group into Eagles on some pretty rough trails. I have to say the new T motion rear suspension really handled the whoops quite well considering the shape the trail was in and the pace our pro snocrosser was setting down for us. Lol. The new deeper keel DS II ski's gave you a much better feeling of control than the DS that comes standard on the 2012 Summits. Once we got off the trail we entered some pretty technical uphill tree riding to get back to the first of 4 lakes that we played in through out the day. At first I was having a hard time with the T motion as I was putting to much rider input into it and was abit of a drunken sailor through the trees. When we got to the lake where there was alot more room for error I started to gain my confidence carving nice swooping lines in about 2 feet of powder. I graduated to tighter and tighter doughnuts just by small inputs from my feet on the boards. This sled needs alot less counter steering than an XP for tight turns. The sled is just stupid easy to lay over in the powder. For all the naysayers that feel this new rear suspension concept is a gimmick then I feel sorry for you. You need to ride it to become a believer. The CKMP group have put thousands of kms on this suspension with no failures and I can guarantee you that with riders like Carl and Rob they have been put to the test over and over again. I have to tell you the new boards are amazing. We were jumping back and forth between the XP and the XM in sticky snow and what a pleasure not having to kick the boards clean everytime I got on the XM. Storage on the new sled is much better than the XP which I believe all of us feel is a good thing. These avy backpacks we carry on our backs every day are getting heavier and heavier each year we ride. I know Maxwell had posted earlier how one of the highlights of his day was watching Carl ride 2km straight down the trail on one ski. Mine happened on the 3rd lake we rode Saturday. Carl took an XM up a fairly steep sidehill over a bit of a rock outcrop and with not alot of room for error carved 4 lines parallel to each other back and forth with out stopping. One of our group missed it and would not believe us after seeing the lines that anyone could do that. Too funny! Daryl Baker was with our group for the ride and was eager to see how well the XM compared to the XP when it comes to climbing. Needless to say he was shocked to see a 154 XM swapping marks with a 163 XP. The XM seems to pop out of the snow alot quicker and wicks up speed faster carrying momentum up the hill better than the XP. All in all everyone in our group became believers and 8 out of 9 of the consumers in our group are updating to the new 2013 Skidoo. 2 of our customers actually changed there original thinking from 1 new sled for next year to 2 to keep family members happy. Now thats a product that sells itself! And BRP is giving all demo ride participants a $300 instant rebate coupon towards the purchase of a new 2013 Skidoo on the spring promotion! Thanks once again to Skidoo and Carl Kuster Mountain Park staff for a great experience. :skidoo: :perfect10:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I was able to finally ride the new 2013 XM on Saturday with Carl Kuster at Eagles Pass. First off if you ever get a chance to ride with Carl it is a really neat deal. He is Doo's answer to the Burandt and Rasmusson followers and is every bit as good as them in my honest opinion. A super great host and guide as well. On to the XM.... Carl and Rob Alford took our group into Eagles on some pretty rough trails. I have to say the new T motion rear suspension really handled the whoops quite well considering the shape the trail was in and the pace our pro snocrosser was setting down for us. Lol. The new deeper keel DS II ski's gave you a much better feeling of control than the DS that comes standard on the 2012 Summits. Once we got off the trail we entered some pretty technical uphill tree riding to get back to the first of 4 lakes that we played in through out the day. At first I was having a hard time with the T motion as I was putting to much rider input into it and was abit of a drunken sailor through the trees. When we got to the lake where there was alot more room for error I started to gain my confidence carving nice swooping lines in about 2 feet of powder. I graduated to tighter and tighter doughnuts just by small inputs from my feet on the boards. This sled needs alot less counter steering than an XP for tight turns. The sled is just stupid easy to lay over in the powder. For all the naysayers that feel this new rear suspension concept is a gimmick then I feel sorry for you. You need to ride it to become a believer. The CKMP group have put thousands of kms on this suspension with no failures and I can guarantee you that with riders like Carl and Rob they have been put to the test over and over again. I have to tell you the new boards are amazing. We were jumping back and forth between the XP and the XM in sticky snow and what a pleasure not having to kick the boards clean everytime I got on the XM. Storage on the new sled is much better than the XP which I believe all of us feel is a good thing. These avy backpacks we carry on our backs every day are getting heavier and heavier each year we ride. I know Maxwell had posted earlier how one of the highlights of his day was watching Carl ride 2km straight down the trail on one ski. Mine happened on the 3rd lake we rode Saturday. Carl took an XM up a fairly steep sidehill over a bit of a rock outcrop and with not alot of room for error carved 4 lines parallel to each other back and forth with out stopping. One of our group missed it and would not believe us after seeing the lines that anyone could do that. Too funny! Daryl Baker was with our group for the ride and was eager to see how well the XM compared to the XP when it comes to climbing. Needless to say he was shocked to see a 154 XM swapping marks with a 163 XP. The XM seems to pop out of the snow alot quicker and wicks up speed faster carrying momentum up the hill better than the XP. All in all everyone in our group became believers and 8 out of 9 of the consumers in our group are updating to the new 2013 Skidoo. 2 of our customers actually changed there original thinking from 1 new sled for next year to 2 to keep family members happy. Now thats a product that sells itself! And BRP is giving all demo ride participants a $300 instant rebate coupon towards the purchase of a new 2013 Skidoo on the spring promotion! Thanks once again to Skidoo and Carl Kuster Mountain Park staff for a great experience. :skidoo: :perfect10:

yep carl is something else. i wish guys like that would show up in the videos.

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think of the stock gearing with the 154 track? Good as is, or might benefit from a little tweak?

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well - to my surprise while out in sicamous riding this weekend I got a very unexpected call - friend of mine could not make it to the BRP ride out at Carls - I gladly excepted the invite . Carl / Rob are a pleasure to watch and ride with . We headed out to Eagles and with Blue skies it was an awesome day !My personal sled is an 08XP 163. Then switching to the 12 which I first rode up the trail and a bit through the first couple lakes . It was somewhat easier than my 08 but still had to use some effort maneuvering through the trees and sliding hilling. Then I got on the XM - took a few meadows to get use too - found myself using to much effort and then having to correct - a little more seat time needed - but picking lines up through the trees was effortless - slidehilling , got part way down some pretty cold slopes and then turning right back up was impressive ! In my opinion the XM would climb as good or a bit better the the 12 XP . The running boards were always clean - hated riding the 12 - we had about 1 foot fresh someplace more and on the 12 you were always trying to keep them clean . The extra compartments on the XM are also a nice feature . The gauge , gas tank area seem to always be clean - held very little snow . Although I did for some reason while riding through the trees hit the reverse button - something that may have to be addressed - told Paul about it and was on his list for feedback to BRP . All in all very impressed with the sled - Way to Go BRP. Another thanks to Karl , Rod and Dave , for this - gives all riders that are thinking of buying a new sled a chance to ride the sled and give positive and negative feedback :)

fountaintirexp

Reaction score
Website
www.fountaintire.com

I would have loved to see that, I tried to get a few guys in your group to stop for a second on one of the lakes in the burn ( i was riding with Rasmussen, he wanted to take a look too) but every time we got close it seemed like the guys were trying to loose us? Seemed like a weird way to promote a new product, oh well. Would have been pretty cool to try to get brett to ride one and see what he thought of the new chassis.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would have loved to see that, I tried to get a few guys in your group to stop for a second on one of the lakes in the burn ( i was riding with Rasmussen, he wanted to take a look too) but every time we got close it seemed like the guys were trying to loose us? Seemed like a weird way to promote a new product, oh well. Would have been pretty cool to try to get brett to ride one and see what he thought of the new chassis.

Saw Brett's trailer in the parking lot but other than a group we passed on the way out and 2 locals who sank a turbo XP in a sink hole that cost us a hour and half of riding don't recall seeing any Cats. We could have had a Carl/ Brett showdown on the hill. Lol.

Top Bottom