Delete dpf from truck

pete gads

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi and thanks in advance. I have a 2011 gmc with duramax engine and want all the pollution stuff gone. Went to stony plain and was quoted between 1700 and 2000 to get this done. Has anyone be there for this or is there a better place more reasonable to go.

D.C

Reaction score
Do it yourself! All it takes is a sawzall and a 1-2 hrs. I did my '13 dmax a couple years ago and it was $600 for the exhaust and I think just over a grand for the tuner.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Careful cutting that stuff out! Not sure about chev but I know on a dodge that's dpf and junk is crazy heavy! I heard about guys getting really hurt cutting that out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya the dpf is heavy. Use a floor jack to hold it as you cut it and don't put your head under it obviously. Get the test pipe, it's 400, you cut the dpf out and clamp in a straight pipe. Efi live for tuner.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Installing a test pipe! Did you read.

Test pipe goes in the middle of the stock exhaust system. You cut the dpf off and clamp the test pipe on using your stock exhaust.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK? Whats your point? You are destroying the dpf then by cutting it out. Which makes it impossible to reinstall. If legislation comes back in you are stuff buying a new pipe. Doubt that it will but is a very real possibility. It isn't hard to just unbolt it and install a section of pipe anyways.

fhe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK? Whats your point? You are destroying the dpf then by cutting it out. Which makes it impossible to reinstall. If legislation comes back in you are stuff buying a new pipe. Doubt that it will but is a very real possibility. It isn't hard to just unbolt it and install a section of pipe anyways.

Have they been legislated out, or no longer required by law?

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here in bc, or if you come to bc, you are required to have all your stock emissions in place. Chances are you won't get caught but there is lots of info on mns to show you Alberta dudes getting sent back home on a tow truck.
yes...please just unbolt it, sooo easy to replace if needed. Can't trade in a vehicle in to a dealer here with out it.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That should say stuck buying a new dpf not "stuff" lol.

I had a buddy delete his 13 cummins and was going to sell his stock stuff. So he called the dealer to price out the stock system. It was over $10000!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And the pick up truck stuff is way cheaper then the big trucks. Add another 5-8 grand if you have to do the dpf and scr

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is this thing, it's called a welder. I don't plan on re installing. If you have ever worked on an exhaust system, you'd know those bolts are all rusted, it's way quicker to cut it off.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My dodge has been saying Perform Service for about 40k. I called and they said they would charge me $900 to clean my exhaust system. Fawk that. I called for a quote to delete dpf egr and 4" full exhaust. Will post when he gets back to me.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had the ol ford done this year, plugged dpf, not much sense in holding onto it, it is plugged, unless it magically unplugs itself?

Armour inc. did a very good job, Phil was good to deal with, lots of info, no problem with any questions i had.

Last edited:

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is this thing, it's called a welder. I don't plan on re installing. If you have ever worked on an exhaust system, you'd know those bolts are all rusted, it's way quicker to cut it off.
I may have worked on an exhaust system once or twice LMAO. Well I weld, stick, mig and tig, and am a heavy duty mechanic. I do inspections almost every day and that includes exhaust systems. Ill let you in on a little bit of info. If you have to reinstall you dpf for an inspection and it is welded up instead of the way if comes from factory...guess what it will be an automatic fail. Most of these system are stainless steel and not everyone can weld it worth a sh!t. Just a head up for anyone that wants to take the advice of just cutting it off. It may cost you big time and it may not. There have been people charge and force to reinstall the factory setup before they could drive that vehicle again. It hasn't happened in Alberta as far as I know but has happened in other provinces and the States. Your choice.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welds on the system will fail it, I find that hard to believe. If that is the case then yes unbolt it. Alberta doesn't have inspections for the dpf in cvic or passenger vehicles to my knowledge. I've heard that cat story and now dpf story coming from BC since I was a kid, never met anyone thats been towed out of there.

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
200 countries just agreed and signed a contract to reduce green house gases. Hold on to your wallets guys/girls and the damned factory emmisions crap! No wonder the dealership I had mine done at was so eager to keep my factory stuff. I'm a dummy and should of seen that. Going to box to hang head in shame. Bollocks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom