December Trip

PolarisHighlifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking to possibly put a trip to Toby Creek in December and this trip would be most suited for people who haven't been to the mountains before and would like to try it out or maybe been once or twice but anyone is welcome to join of coarse.

The weekend I'm looking at is December 10th,2016

Possible Plan
> Get there Friday the 9th or Saturday the 10th & come back Monday after half day ride
> Was thinking of getting a guide or go on guided tour for Saturday to get to know the area and feel out the new machine. Sunday guided tour more back country kinda stuff
> If we get 5 people or more interested then we can book our own guide if not then we go with there groups

The more we get the better deal we get but either way it pretty reasonable. Shoot me a Pm if your interested A.S.A.P so I can get the pricing put together as it will chance dependent on the amount interested.

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you ever been to Toby creek? If you have rode in the mountains before I would say a guide is not required.

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hold off on the guide if you have experience in the mountains then. You can be the guide if you have any newbies. Not a lot of territory to explore there.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya it's very small

Kind of like a trail ride up to a cabin for hot chocolate and back down

sent while drinking tea's

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went up couple yrs back while on a ski trip just to check the area out. As stated above not a large area. I didn't take any of the connecting trails as I was sole rider. Can you drop over any of the ridges north or east from the cabin? And do the connecting trails lead to forester?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't say Toby Creek is just limited to a trail ride, especially if you are looking to get back into Paradise Mines. there is terrain back there that can get you into trouble if you go looking. The Toby Creek adventures which I assume you are looking at is more of a beginner suited tour though as far as I know.

There are numerous other tour operators which can give you a lot more skill based guided tours than I would expect Toby gives. I would even look at Nadine's LaNina backcountry intro. Since this is a little newer to you I would expect you want someone with patience and a willing attitude to show you some basics or even advanced techniques. Maybe there is something in Blue River or Valemount that can offer the same?

Top Bottom