DECEMBER Snow conditions

UkrainianMudKing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for letting us ride with you and SBR on Saturday, it came in handy having a few extra bodies to help get unstuck.
On Saturday we returned to Renshaw where there was over 300 riders that came through the trail pass booth.
The trail was a bit rough going up, coming down was Brutal, the worst I've seen it in years. This is to do with the warm weather and all the traffic on the trail. Also the burping of the throttle builds up mounds. Extra grooming would of caused additional damage damage to the trail.
It was still quite cloudy and fogged in on Saturday. It was snowing quite a bit as well. We played most of the day just above and to the left of showoff hill and with 12 of us up there we had a blast. We spent all day in that section and either rode hard or spent a lot of time helping others get unstuck. Sunday we rode Bell, it was fairly wind blown and needs some snow in the upper areas, but the valley at the bottom of big bell had some good snow where fun could be had by all. The burn area still needs some snow and there are some hazards still sticking up or just beneath the snow.
Here are some pictures, my lens was quite fogged up so they didn't turn out to well.
View attachment 164092View attachment 164093View attachment 164094View attachment 164095View attachment 164096View attachment 164097View attachment 164098View attachment 164099

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
don't know about lucille, but w rode belle for 3 days and still found some stuff deep enough to get epic stuck. kudo's to the guy and girl who did the toboggan down little belle-- that made our day!

Snow Angel was the young lady and it was an awesome show....lol

Sent from my phone ---- is anyone listening ?

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Kept hearing that there wasn't much snow up Belle. Should have rode that one day.

Lots of guys coming over from vale out on the hwy this morning.

You missed a great day in Bell and a nice quick trail ride up, no sore bones on the ride down.

Sent from my phone ---- is anyone listening ?

blackcat09

Reaction score
We might be making a trip this weekend and I never rode McBride before. Suggestions on the best area would be much appreciated and I was wondering if the groomers are going?

Any hotel suggestions would be nice too!
Thanks

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the great ride this weekend. I am stupidly sore and actually left work an hour early today as my knee was DONE! The snow we had will be something I remember for a long time.

scafer53

Reaction score
I was the "young man" on the toboggan at Belle sunday. That was one of the highlights on the weekend for sure. Felt like a little kid tumbling down the hill. The snow was epic up Renshaw! Never been stuck so many times in my life but thinking bout it now it was a riot!! Rode Belle sunday with rknight111, SBR and the crew and had an absolute blast in the trees. Was windblown up top but there was alot of good snow to be found, still alot of goodies hidden underneath so be careful. Was my first time in Mcbride in 15 years and ill be coming back soon. Enjoyed the terrain. Big thanks to everybody up there this weekend. Saw alot of guys helping others when stuck. Good to see everyone come together!

rylester331

Reaction score
Was an epic turnout this weekend up in Mcbride. Scafer53 lets go again lol

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We might be making a trip this weekend and I never rode McBride before. Suggestions on the best area would be much appreciated and I was wondering if the groomers are going?

Any hotel suggestions would be nice too!
Thanks

Renshaw is my favorite place to ride, lots of great areas. Sandman would be my hotel of choice since it has a restaurant. I will be heading there thursday or friday more then willing to show you around a bit.

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hotrod was back on the Renshaw trail today trying to work on it as best he can! Trail is good up till 14km but from there on the snow is really soft, needs that cool weather to settle in quickly to harden things up! Because it's still puking down snow up there folks, another foot had fallen from the weekend. He started grooming the Renshaw at 5:30am this morning and headed back down at 2:30pm and it started snowing very hard up there again! Lucille and Belle got/will be groomed also. Higgins.

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Temps look much better for grooming now, hopefully this helps Hotrod get things in shape... showing up tomorrow for a couple days! Braaap

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hotrod was back on the Renshaw trail today trying to work on it as best he can! Trail is good up till 14km but from there on the snow is really soft, needs that cool weather to settle in quickly to harden things up! Because it's still puking down snow up there folks, another foot had fallen from the weekend. He started grooming the Renshaw at 5:30am this morning and headed back down at 2:30pm and it started snowing very hard up there again! Lucille and Belle got/will be groomed also. Higgins.

we can all help out by laying off the throttle until we get into the alpine.

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hotrod was back out on Renshaw trail again last night to get things back to normal and the cooler temps have helped! He mentioned he hasn't slept in almost 2 days he's been so busy!! But on a great note he did say bring your snorkels because it's still pounding down up in the alpine, close to a couple more feet has fallen at Renshaw, with heavy snow falling in the valley at this time so hopefully Lucielle and Belle plump up also!! Lets hope it stays cold!!

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wicked, can't wait to start digging lol

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my back hurts just thinking about it. Heading out this afternoon. hope to be on the snow tomorrow morning

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hotrod was back out on Renshaw trail again last night to get things back to normal and the cooler temps have helped! He mentioned he hasn't slept in almost 2 days he's been so busy!! But on a great note he did say bring your snorkels because it's still pounding down up in the alpine, close to a couple more feet has fallen at Renshaw, with heavy snow falling in the valley at this time so hopefully Lucielle and Belle plump up also!! Lets hope it stays cold!!

Right arm thx! The trail was great on the way up on the weekend. Early bird gets the worm!

Doof

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm liking these reports! 3 of us heading up tomorrow, can't wait to hit the deep stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using

Top Bottom