DECEMBER Snow conditions

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it happens everywhere, just our trail is long. Has anyone been to spirit lake this year??

Will be there in 4 days to go to spirit, every time i ride the 2' whoops I say never again, have two beers and realize Renshaw is worth the beating you sometimes have to endure.

2Quickrides

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Renshaw was puking today. Easy 6" of fresh on the trail (which was in pretty good shape considering it wasn't groomed last night) turned around 6 kms from the cabin though, couldn't see 50' in front and could barely see where the trail was. 4" of snow on the trailer when we got back to the truck. TONS of snow everywhere. By the snow and the next few days forecast, next weekend is going to be insane again.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will be there in 4 days to go to spirit, every time i ride the 2' whoops I say never again, have two beers and realize Renshaw is worth the beating you sometimes have to endure.
so 27th for a poke at spirit. might have to join you in this adventure.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so 27th for a poke at spirit. might have to join you in this adventure.

I will update you when we will be there, have a couple others to talk to. A nice long easy ride to break a motor in.
Still have not pulled the rope on the new sled since Oct 15 pickup, not even smoke in the garage........friggin work!

b_doornenbal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Folks

We were up the renshaw today, trail was just groomed (thanks Rod) and there was about 7-9 sleds up there all day. The weather was socked in for most of the day which meant leaving the trees was hard. The sun came out at about 1:30 and made for a very sweet afternoon. There is a solid 12-14 inches of fresh over everyone's track around the cabin and there is 24-30 inches of fluff to be found in the trees above a light crust that if you go through has no end !!!! Great day,
no pics and we are ridding again in the morning !!!!

b_doornenbal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same update as yesterday, about 6-8 inches of new snow has fallen. Had to stay low because of how socked in it was. The trees have lots of snow that needs tracks, some that requires a big turbo. There was a set of tracks into the backwater not sure how far they made it, pray for sun cause they don't need more snow !!

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Sitting at BBtoys B&B looking outside to see it's snowing very heavy in town. Roads are terrible from the bc border to just past Terracanna, could only do 80km/hr. Icy and slushy. Just heard that it's raining in Edson so be careful on the highways.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
he has left already. rod is up Lucille today so he has options. looked like five sleds at hotels as well. he is riding with me tomorrow, renshaw.

Top Bottom