December snow conditions!!!

indyguy

Reaction score
We rode Fri to Sunday. Sundays blue sky weather and fresh powder made up for the previous 2 days of not so great sledding condition (but still waaayyyy better then being at work LOL)
DSCF5091.jpg

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to Hotrod, he got back out on the trails to try and fix them up. So all trails have been regoomed. Unfortunately it's only -3 degrees which isn't the best temps for trails to hold up properly but he's trying his best. But he did mention new snow, Belle last night had 12" of new and the Renshaw had 12"-14" of new also. Awesome conditions for this time of year in McBride. Higgins.

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to Hotrod, he got back out on the trails to try and fix them up. So all trails have been regoomed. Unfortunately it's only -3 degrees which isn't the best temps for trails to hold up properly but he's trying his best. But he did mention new snow, Belle last night had 12" of new and the Renshaw had 12"-14" of new also. Awesome conditions for this time of year in McBride. Higgins.

Tough job for the groomer when it rains as hard as it did on Saturday. Total downpour in the parking lot for over 3 hours. Kept raining in town until after 11pm. No chance for the to set up from about km 23 to the trailhead.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree. I'm not saying bbtoys is a liar, but some guys perception of depth are far off. 4 feet is armpit deep for the average guy. I do hope it's true though. Again not calling you a liar bbtoys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hope you kept reading as I was not the only one to find deep pow, and 4 feet was up to midway on my chest.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hope you kept reading as I was not the only one to find deep pow, and 4 feet was up to midway on my chest.

You must be a midget.. LOL

No pics in this thread in the last 3 weeks show anything over 30 cm.... MAYBE 40... That's 12 to 16 feet in reality terms//

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are calln quite a few people liars bud:confused: Two other guys said they had 3-4' in the trees. You just might have to get off the trail or leave the cabin area to find it. I agree that some guys snow measurements are way out but but BB aint no bull sheeter. Cheers

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MEH.. If you think there was more than 40 cm recent, you have to put the pipe down. "JUS SAYIN":beer::confused:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MEH.. If you think there was more than 40 cm recent, you have to put the pipe down. "JUS SAYIN":beer::confused:

I guess alot of people must also ride midget sleds to because it's been comin over their hoods steady. It has been a strange year this year as we have got hit by several big snow storms that vale and blue have not got. I've been told by very reliable sources that we have more snow in town here than blue does, that is not normal at all. I can tell you that we had alot of people riding here last weekend that were staying in vale and they said they couldnt beleive the difference in snow, they all reported that we had way more snow here. Just sayin..

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Instead of basically calling alot of us liars, I suggest getting off the groomed trail and away from the heavy traffic areas, then you'll see for yourself. Where I rode in McBride, I would sink waist deep when I stepped off my sled. Great conditions, CUSO. Go check it out. "JUS SAYIN"

Sent from my iPhone when I should be sledding.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Instead of basically calling alot of us liars, I suggest getting off the groomed trail and away from the heavy traffic areas, then you'll see for yourself. Where I rode in McBride, I would sink waist deep when I stepped off my sled. Great conditions, CUSO. Go check it out. "JUS SAYIN"

Sent from my iPhone when I should be sledding.

Im speaking for myself, but cuso and I are not saying the conditions aren't great, but I'm still yet to see 4'. I see guys up to their knees so far and no pics in the trees up to a guys neck. Look at my avatar, THAT'S 5' in McBride and I posted pics of 4' at lucielle in nov.
You only need 2' of snow for it to go over the hood jus sayin'
Either way enjoy your rides!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spikeydave

Reaction score
3 of us got back from McBride last night and riding was awesome all 3 days. First 2 were socked in but in the trees we had a blast. 1st day was up lucelle and there was 2-3' of powder. Went up Renshaw on Tue and we were in 4' of pow, when we got of the sleds it was waist to arm pit deep. Yesterday the snow set a bit but was still 3'+, in the trees it was over 3'. When I get time to edit some vid I will post it up. Riding was awesome and as of 2pm yesterday no one had gone through the notch or over the saddle there was that much snow, skies were clearing and guys most likely ventured out that way but we had to leave and had a sled break down so we never got there. Good riding with ya Deeker, nice NyPex you got was amazing watching that thing go any and everywhere.

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mcbride dec 2011 006.jpg

I dont know if there was 4 ft but there was a solid 3 ft but whats the difference .....it was bottomless and the best snow I have seen.

Attachments

• mcbride dec 2011 004.jpg
    mcbride dec 2011 004.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 419
Last edited:
Top Bottom