Dead Polaris

Pawel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I've got an 04.5 Polaris Sportsman thats completely dead. I washed it after the last quad trip,fired it up and loaded it up in the back of the truck without any issues than I got home,unloaded it and as I was pulling it into the garage it completely died, I lost all display,start etc.
I checked the batt voltage-all good
Check continuity on batt cables-all good
Check connections to ECM-all good
I took apart the handle bar controller and inspected it for any corrosion seems all good
Just wondering if anyone has had any issues like this?
Im thinking it's most likely the ECM but would rather do as much testing as I can before I purchase one
Any feed back would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check your engine kill switch. May have hit it. If not, like said above call in and get it checked for the recall on the ecm.

benclaluna450r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You gotta check them dead enders to your silanode above your back left tire that's what happened to my 800 dead enders fell off so I had to get some inside outters and upside downers now she runs like a top.

But I actually just put a new silanode in haha I had the same problem

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You gotta check them dead enders to your silanode above your back left tire that's what happened to my 800 dead enders fell off so I had to get some inside outters and upside downers now she runs like a top.

I think what your trying to say is that all
Of this inside outers turning outside inboard caused a problem with the muffler barring correct?

Pawel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What solenoid was it? And what is its purpose?

Pawel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a fuse to me...had it happen many times on all my 500's... Polaris wiring=stick a pencil in my eye
The guys at Polaris told me there is no fuses or fusible links in that system?

Pawel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think what your trying to say is that all
Of this inside outers turning outside inboard caused a problem with the muffler barring correct?
I wonder if I should also check the head light fluid and carburator belt? That could very well be the cause lol

benclaluna450r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What solenoid was it? And what is its purpose?

I'm not to sure but its above your back left tire I had fuse able links to it that ripped offand then I shorted it out it was 60 bucks at cycle works for a new one

html>
<head><title>411 Length Required</title></head>
<body bgcolor="white">
<center><h1>411 Length Required</h1></center>
<hr><center>nginx/1.2.2</center>
</body>
</html>

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a similar problem with an 03, the ignition switch crapped and wasn't sending power to the gauge pod. Tied a wire from the acc plug on the side to the power wire for the pod and sold it. Ignition switch is about $80 I think.

Pawel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks ill make sure to test that!
Ive got power coming into the ECM but no power going out so I'm thinking that the ECM could possibly be my issue, I checked to see if it was part of the recall but unfortunately it's not!!

Top Bottom