De-Laminating? Other general problems?

git r done

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I sold my old sled and have my new one lined. I am seriously considring going with a 3 inch 162 Challenger extreme. I do go for the occasional ride aropund home with my sled but will not be doing that with the 3 inch. We ride Valemount , Mcbride, Sicamous , and golden mostly. Just wondering if these tracks hold up on long rides in. I will have a set of scratchers on my skis as well as my rails. I tend to pull off on the side of the trail as muc as possible yet we on occasion do some long rids in. Last year in Golden we went into Blaeberry and that is a 50 kms ride just t ge in.
Other than that it is usually places like clemina and Renshaw that are the longer trails in we do
So what im basically wondering is am I going to have reliability issues with the 3 inch track?

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most of the places I ride have a long trail ride in and I haven't had an issue with my 3" yet.

git r done

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok right on I have just heard some rumors about tracks heating up and de-laminating. So dont want to buy it and have troubles.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last season put 2000+- km on 3 different 3" tracks. 1 sled had scratchers and the other 2 didn't ( don't ask me why lol ) the 2 that didn't each lost 3-4 lugs. And the one with scratchers lost no lugs. Take it for what its worth but I believe the clips heat up and the track starts to come apart.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last season put 2000+- km on 3 different 3" tracks. 1 sled had scratchers and the other 2 didn't ( don't ask me why lol ) the 2 that didn't each lost 3-4 lugs. And the one with scratchers lost no lugs. Take it for what its worth but I believe the clips heat up and the track starts to come apart.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

I could see that. I forgot I add that I always run my scratchers if I'm on the trail or hard snow. I have around 2400km on my M1 and the hyfax has never been replaced and will probably to another year at least. Scratchers work

Top Bottom