Damagedgoods/Smokindave weekly report

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I sledded Revelstoke this weekend Nov.22-23.I was supposed to sled with Rene this weekend but he backed out at last moment but as I had made arrangments with hillclimber before leaving Calgary to ride with him I had no worries.As I was pulling into Revy I called hillclimber on cell and said Rene wouldn't be riding with us after all and that I would be a couple of minutes and would meet them at Frisby parking lot as I was all alone.He said that was cool but I pulled into just in time to watch them leave up the trail.O well I figured I'd just ride up to the cabin and see if I could find someone else to ride with.
I met a couple of newbies from Edmonton and showed them around.One of them found a creek and many other places to get stuck I was getting a workout.We rode up the ridge were we met a group I call the channel 3-20 group as this is the channel they use on radio.They had a sled with a blown diamond drive that needed a helicopter.I called Selkirk helicopter on my sat. phone and went back riding with the newbies.Just a little farther down the ridge I managed to get stuck for the first time that day in a big drift I tryed plowing through.This was also the last time I saw the newbies they left me high and dry.When I did finally dig myself out I rode back to the 3-20 guys just in time to watch as the helicopter air lifted the broken cat I told them that I had been abandoned and asked if they would mind me riding with them.These guys were fun hard riding sledders who looked after me as I ended up getting stuck again.We had powder flying over the hood type good time.Rode with them the rest of the day and had the best time.
Being handicapped I did learn on this day to be more carefull about who I ride with.
Well Sunday was an excellent day even though Rene backed out again I met up with my friend calgarysledderguy who drove most of the night to ride Frisby for the day.When we got to the cabin we met night ryder and his crew and as they didn't know there way around I would show them. Excellent bunch of guys.We carved up maney meadows and did a bunch of climbing today nothing but fun. We met up with Powder Puff ,Regulation Ron and got to meet the infamous Sofa King.Real nice to put faces to the names.Sofa King we most definitly got to ride sometime.
So all in all it was an excellent weekend with snow conditions improving.If you've been waiting for snow you need not wait any longer.In an other week or two I imagine they will start grooming.
Thanks to all that let me ride with them and to you night ryder we gotta do it again soon.
When you do stay in Revy this season support the businesses that support sledding.I'll be heading to Revy again this weekend and will report when I return. Happy sledding

Cheers
Dave

Attachments

• Smokindave Frisby ride Nov.22, 23 2008 004.jpg
    Smokindave Frisby ride Nov.22, 23 2008 004.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 58
  • Smokindave Frisby ride Nov.22, 23 2008 010.jpg
    Smokindave Frisby ride Nov.22, 23 2008 010.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 48
  • Smokindave Frisby ride Nov.22, 23 2008 015.jpg
    Smokindave Frisby ride Nov.22, 23 2008 015.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 52
  • Smokindave Frisby ride Nov.22, 23 2008 026.jpg
    Smokindave Frisby ride Nov.22, 23 2008 026.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 54

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
More pictures

Attachments

• Smokindave Frisby ride Nov.22, 23 2008 009.jpg
    Smokindave Frisby ride Nov.22, 23 2008 009.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 59
  • Smokindave Frisby ride Nov.22, 23 2008 016.jpg
    Smokindave Frisby ride Nov.22, 23 2008 016.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 50
  • Smokindave Frisby ride Nov.22, 23 2008 021.jpg
    Smokindave Frisby ride Nov.22, 23 2008 021.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 52
  • Smokindave Frisby ride Nov.22, 23 2008 028.jpg
    Smokindave Frisby ride Nov.22, 23 2008 028.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 52

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry Dave the 2 guys i was riding with wanted to get going. Suprised we didn't see you up there oh well next time i am sure.

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That snow looks great, what a difference a week makes, hmmm what will it be like in 11 more days, :rolleyes:

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't believe that those guys just left you, that is bullsh$t in our group that I ride with always welcome more guys to ride with us it just make getting unstuck that much easier the newbies will learn their lesson one day if they are alone and stuck, being a snowmobiler is a lifestyle and when you are out in the middle of nowhere and need help you should stop and help them as that is the snowmobiler way. I always stop to help guys that may have trouble on the hill because i hope that one day if i have issues someone will stop for me. It is courtesy, sledders helping sledders, if we loose that additude then what are we left with??

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Nice to meet you Damagedgoods. Snow was crazy at the back end. We had hooked up with guys from SK. and Calgary that day also, you would have been welcome to come with us. Great pics.!!!!! What a day. :d

wildwest

Reaction score
hey dave i talked to you for few minutes, looked like you were having a blast,good to see!we meet between the flat and the ridge.if you remember the sticker on my 07 orange sno pro, you'll remember me*** look at the name.:d

W

woodies

nice to see the snow is falling.hope to run into you kathy(not a log)thanks for all the info!Steve on the tytro with baggage as the wife calls herself!lol she is worried!

Prairie Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"the infamous Sofa King"

Don't know why you'd wanna ride with this guy again???????:confused: Its not like he knows where he's going!?!?!?!?!?!?!:d LOL!!!!!!!

:beer:Get ready S K............we're coming in t-minus 2 sleeps!!!!!!!!!:beer:

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow looks awesome...... How dare that "i dare ya rene" backed out not only once, but twice!..... Is his new turbo ready yet???

Hi there Ric,
Rene is still waiting to get it back. He said that they are waiting on some clutch parts.He might be able to ride with us on Saturday if he gets it so he can break it in.Should be a wild machine I have not tryed powderlite turbo yet. If he rides with us this weekend I'll post pictures of new sled.

Cheers,
Dave

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
hi there ric,
rene is still waiting to get it back. He said that they are waiting on some clutch parts.he might be able to ride with us on saturday if he gets it so he can break it in.should be a wild machine i have not tryed powderlite turbo yet. If he rides with us this weekend i'll post pictures of new sled.

Cheers,
dave

thanks dave........

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"the infamous Sofa King"

Don't know why you'd wanna ride with this guy again???????:confused: Its not like he knows where he's going!?!?!?!?!?!?!:d LOL!!!!!!!

:beer:Get ready S K............we're coming in t-minus 2 sleeps!!!!!!!!!:beer:

Hi there Prairie Dog I see you are heading out this weekend.Are you riding with the Sofa King?We are heading that way early Saturday morning but probaly can't ride with him this weekend but will try in the near future. We will probaly ride Frisby and I wouldn,t mind trying Sale.I have not sledded there yet.Does anybody who knows Sale going to be riding there this weekend? My buddy Matt and I are good riders and could use someone to show us around. PM me if anybody wants to show us around Sale. Thanks

Cheers,
Dave

Top Bottom