D00 860 big bore kit

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol how can any sled run on 440 jets, and you have a 13:1 head on it.... stock is 480 jets!!! the point of the BB is to make more power, just looking at your jets you might as well be running a 600. I run 560 jets with .30 shims and pump gas and this is on the edge for me. We have a single pipe pump gas engine as well running a 560PTO/540MAG setup and it is bang on with .30 shims. My opinion, too little jet and too much race gas. You can easily burn by the egts on a BB setup and not even know it, as well if you run to much race gas in a sled not really designed for it, this too "can" spike the egts because of the slower burn. People seem to think cause they got a BB they need "race" gas. On a pump gas engine your actually going to see a performance loss not gain.

I agree the split second big bore with twins and nos was running 520 jets and it had a 14-1 head on it and I was running 50/50 c111 to 91 octane fuel and it still ran in the 1250 range and sometimes higher. 440's seem way to lean for an 860 with a 14-1 head on it

foghorn

Reaction score
I have Specialty 860 and was told to run 440 and 40 % c11 I was running 1250 on egts on a hard pull with 490 jets or 440 jets I thought that seemed really low to be running 440 jets Gonna put AFR set up on and see whats up.I thought that a guy should be running bigger jets.Is it possible that computer just retards timinng when your running that low of jets so thats why it isnt melting down

5mphfaster

Reaction score
Im running the split second 14-1 running stright 103av with a touch of oil pulls my arms off all day long only have 480s in maybe i might go bigger 520s what do u guys think. im currently waiting on top end broke the skirt off on pto side. i thought it was neglagence because i never really give it proper warm up time maybe i should try bigger jets to be safe?

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would think your jetting is fine but go with what Ralph has asked. Have a buddy running same engine with bored carbs,case ported and is only running 480's and has been running this way last year and this year with no problems.
If i remember right you have to go to 520n jets to be richer if you go that way.

Im running the split second 14-1 running stright 103av with a touch of oil pulls my arms off all day long only have 480s in maybe i might go bigger 520s what do u guys think. im currently waiting on top end broke the skirt off on pto side. i thought it was neglagence because i never really give it proper warm up time maybe i should try bigger jets to be safe?

Top Bottom