Cylinder Install 07 800R

Jason

Reaction score
Is there a trick to installing the cylinder? How much of the machine does a guy actually remove to get this thing in there?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maxwellspotlight.jpg

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Leave the reeds, exhaust valves out and leave the y-pipe off. You wont need to actually remove any of the frame work to get it in or out. Can do it with the reeds in it is just abit easier with them out.

Jason

Reaction score
I have just the reeds in but it seems like its to tight against the carbs and crap and against the steering shaft. I'll try without the reeds in.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always yank the motor right out. Takes an extra half hour and ensures its done right. Can also check over a few other things. However its deffinetly not required.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always yank the motor right out. Takes an extra half hour and ensures its done right. Can also check over a few other things. However its deffinetly not required.
is the xp tougher than the rev for engine swap? the wounds on my hands are just starting to heal up....looks like i stuck them in a meat grinder after installing the shortblock

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is the xp tougher than the rev for engine swap? the wounds on my hands are just starting to heal up....looks like i stuck them in a meat grinder after installing the shortblock

they are about the same. the rev does have a little more room on the backside though. and less work to begin with like taking off the secondary etcetc.

the first rev/xp engines i took out my hands looked like they went through a meatgrinder aswell. now with a few under my belt its a pretty painless process. im down to one cut on my index finger. LOL.

the key with the xp engine is to remove the front left motor mount while engine is in the sled. that way you can twist it sideways and remove connections on the backside with tons of room to work.

im going to purchase the brp tool for engine removal. see how that works.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they are about the same. the rev does have a little more room on the backside though. and less work to begin with like taking off the secondary etcetc.

the first rev/xp engines i took out my hands looked like they went through a meatgrinder aswell. now with a few under my belt its a pretty painless process. im down to one cut on my index finger. LOL.

the key with the xp engine is to remove the front left motor mount while engine is in the sled. that way you can twist it sideways and remove connections on the backside with tons of room to work.

im going to purchase the brp tool for engine removal. see how that works.
what tool is that? a big bag of weed and a box of band-aids? cuz man oh man....

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL

no its a hook that bolts onto where the deto sensor bolts on. and the way its braced you can use an engine lift or overhead chainfall etc.
ah, gotcha. post a pic of it when you get it. I'll fab one up maybe

heading to v-town this weekend. you gonna be around?

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL

no its a hook that bolts onto where the deto sensor bolts on. and the way its braced you can use an engine lift or overhead chainfall etc.
Maxwell i thought it went in one of the sparkplug holes?

Top Bottom