Cycle Works Calgary

KTEAM MAN

Reaction score
I took Ridin High's advise and checked pricing online and it was way cheaper.
It was definetly listed cheaper,but ...lesson learned... the freight company put me over a barrel and it did'nt feel good.$40 freight and brokerage on a $37 dollar part...i'll NEVER do that again!

AliciaAlways

Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I recently started working at Cycle Works Motorsports in Calgary, and I must say I do understand how people are upset with the rewards program. I do believe going back on one's word is wrong, and as much as I am not a fan of the program it is how things are, Several shops around calgary are looking into the idea of it. It may make companies look greedy, and look like they are on a cash grab, but you have to remember it is a good way of keeping the spending in the store and with the economy the way it is, I think it is a very fair deal. You cannot always make everyone happy, I agree with the program in many respects, but also disagree with it, needless to say to each their own. I am glad to hear that some people have had success with the program, and I am sorry to those who feel this is unfair. Companies need to do what is best, especially in this unstable time.

HEY.
I went into the dealership and asked for the manager to ask about there card deal. He painted a much different picture than you all are talking about. He explained that because of their loyalty program they have been able to reduce theri sticker price on KTM and Polaris items by 5% the girls at the counter can discount at their discreation and aditional 5%. Thats 10% in my pocket. They further give me an addaitioanl 10% on my gold card...not sure what math you all are using but that is 20%. he says they are trying to reward the trully loyal parts buyers by separating them from the guys that buy a belt once every two years. He made a good point, its not fair to give those guys the same discount as some of us racers that spend over a g a year.remember a little sweet talk with the girls will get a better deal than a bunch of whinning!
cheers

Going back to the old system does mean that prices could in all actually go back up, we were able to discount parts, it really does make a difference. In regards to;

I purachased my first Quad at Cycle Works years ago. Bought parts from them for a couple years.
Then never went in for about a year like they cared.
Seems they only like it if you show up weekly to spend money.

Anyway that being said we want to park one of the quads and she wants a RZR. Keep her quad for a spare.

So what dealer should I go to I do not really want to go to Cycle Works.
We stopped in and they ignor a woman and I tell them hey I am not going to drive it she is ask her the questions.

Thanks for listening

Staff is constantly changing. If you dealt with the same person as you did the year ago and recieved that kind of customer service it is terrible, and unbecoming of the company and I feel terrible that you recieved that kind of service, we are constantly trying to upgrade our amount of customer service to make us an even better place to buy. With staff coming and going in this tough time it is hard for newer staff members to recognize older customers, Myself being new I definitely have a hard time at understanding who all the customers are and what bonuses or perks they recieve. We are definitelyt working on improving it every day.

You know fellas its all about the relationship you create with the individuals in the store. I'm a gadget guy and love to and stuff to my toys so I shop around allot. I end up going back to the people I like. My idiot buddy drove into the back of my quad pn sunday and busted my tail light. I have a big fishing trip this weekend and wanted it fixed. Tracey in Calgary did not have the part in stock this morning... and talked the service manager to pull it off a new unit. Rewards or not ,that's the kind of service that will keep me coming back... not to mention my idiot friend had to pay for it!
cheers:beer:

I am very glad to hear about your positive experience, when companies go out of the way for the customers it is such a good thing. I am glad to hear that our parts department did what they could for you, it is such a pleasure to hear that. Hearing feedback like this is such a boost for a company, it makes us want to continue to help our customers out and make sure they are taken care of.

I took Ridin High's advise and checked pricing online and it was way cheaper.
It was definetly listed cheaper,but ...lesson learned... the freight company put me over a barrel and it did'nt feel good.$40 freight and brokerage on a $37 dollar part...i'll NEVER do that again!

Our prices definitely do vary from that of an online catalouge, but customers need to remember that the company covers all the shipping and brokerage charges and whatever other charges there are which does cause the price to go up a bit forsure, but it is a fair trade cause if you order every part and pay the freight and whatnot on it, in the end it could/would end up costing you a ton more. Also this is with any company from ours, to clothing companies, to grocery stores, the prices they sell us, and the retail prices we sell you do definitely vary, that is what keeps the economy going.

I am always open for feedback and questions on Cycle Works Calgary and any thing you want me to address with my manager or peers do let me know, I would be glad to help you all out forsure!

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks but been biten once illtake the time to drive out to cochrane

I recently started working at Cycle Works Motorsports in Calgary, and I must say I do understand how people are upset with the rewards program. I do believe going back on one's word is wrong, and as much as I am not a fan of the program it is how things are, Several shops around calgary are looking into the idea of it. It may make companies look greedy, and look like they are on a cash grab, but you have to remember it is a good way of keeping the spending in the store and with the economy the way it is, I think it is a very fair deal. You cannot always make everyone happy, I agree with the program in many respects, but also disagree with it, needless to say to each their own. I am glad to hear that some people have had success with the program, and I am sorry to those who feel this is unfair. Companies need to do what is best, especially in this unstable time.

Going back to the old system does mean that prices could in all actually go back up, we were able to discount parts, it really does make a difference. In regards to;

Staff is constantly changing. If you dealt with the same person as you did the year ago and recieved that kind of customer service it is terrible, and unbecoming of the company and I feel terrible that you recieved that kind of service, we are constantly trying to upgrade our amount of customer service to make us an even better place to buy. With staff coming and going in this tough time it is hard for newer staff members to recognize older customers, Myself being new I definitely have a hard time at understanding who all the customers are and what bonuses or perks they recieve. We are definitelyt working on improving it every day.

I am very glad to hear about your positive experience, when companies go out of the way for the customers it is such a good thing. I am glad to hear that our parts department did what they could for you, it is such a pleasure to hear that. Hearing feedback like this is such a boost for a company, it makes us want to continue to help our customers out and make sure they are taken care of.

Our prices definitely do vary from that of an online catalouge, but customers need to remember that the company covers all the shipping and brokerage charges and whatever other charges there are which does cause the price to go up a bit forsure, but it is a fair trade cause if you order every part and pay the freight and whatnot on it, in the end it could/would end up costing you a ton more. Also this is with any company from ours, to clothing companies, to grocery stores, the prices they sell us, and the retail prices we sell you do definitely vary, that is what keeps the economy going.

I am always open for feedback and questions on Cycle Works Calgary and any thing you want me to address with my manager or peers do let me know, I would be glad to help you all out forsure!

AliciaAlways

Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
And to each their own, it is completely understandable, when I work working for Harley Davidson a lot of customers were biased as to which location they go to for parts, accessories and service, every person is their own person and can shop where ever, without competition the industry would not thrive!

bigdaddy35

Reaction score
Same deal here in Edmonton, Bought a brand knew KTM last year. They send my a letter after the fact to tell me I was A VIP customer and I would get 10 to 15 % discount...Yeah Right. I guess I'm going to have to start crashing my bike so I feel like I'm getting my money worth... Only in Alberta!

If you have a letter confirming this, there should be no questions asked. If a company won't honor what they've put in writing they aren't worth dealing with...Nothing like a call to the BBB or the consumer watchdog guys on CTV to stir it up!

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Once you burn a customer it's pretty tough to get them back ................ just sayin!! :beer::d:beer:

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I ordered a part for my sled from Cycle Works in Calgary last season and they charged me for shipping. It was an $8 part and they charged me $8 for shipping. The only person I like dealing with there is Jamie in Service.

Adrenaline Vince

Reaction score
Yes I agree total crap, i buy parts for my shop through them and points card,lame!!! I spent a grand and I get to spend $100 in store,and only have I think it was a month to use it, and if I lost the reciept she gave me, I get squat. Guess ill just have to find a different store to buy at, problem is all local Kawi dealers are total ch!t!!!! This was cylce Works West. But I also agree that the guy that only spends 50 bucks a year shoulnt get any more than a points card. But wheres the discresion, ive found in this perticular store that there is none.

yamadoo

Reaction score
hey arrf,just picked up a new rzr from Graham at Hiline polaris in Wetaskiwin.Check it out,lowest price i found anywhere and a good guy as well!

atver

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind the drive "Mountain Toys" in Cochrane are great. Matt in sales or Mathew in service are unbeliveable and will go above and beyond for ther customers(new or old)

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was just in Cycleworks this morning and saw a printout of this thread laying on the parts counter! If this thread (minus a bit of bashing) is used as constructive feedback it should make things better.

green-horn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:d Do not underestimate the power of the $$$$/people. Those businesses that do are usually successful......:rolleyes:or they get government bailouts!!:rolleyes:

650XT

Reaction score
Cycle Works in Edmonton doesn't seem to be any better in dealing with them. My brother in law was looking at buying a quad there, and they misquoted him the price on the quad and wouldn't honour the price. They said they quoted a different quad, even though he was sitting on it in the showroom at the time they priced him.

And to make it worse is they weren't even going to refund his deposit!!

They are brutal to deal with and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

prarie fire

Reaction score
sent them quick note of support on your behalf here it is :
Don't worry about having your old loyal customers to come back. There are always new ones.......maybe!
PS... I live 500 miles from you never heard how good you were but I did here how you are treating your loyal customers now for sure you won't meet me or my cash

prarie fire

Reaction score
Just had a reply email from Jim at cycle works and he explained to me that ALL PREVIOUS DISCOUNTS ARE STILL BEING HONORED PLUS . There are even more discounts and draws being done monthly to the extent of triple discounts this does not sound like a bad place to do business to me my suggestion to you all is to Call Jim at Calgary cycle works and clarify this for yourself.

AliciaAlways

Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Just had a reply email from Jim at cycle works and he explained to me that ALL PREVIOUS DISCOUNTS ARE STILL BEING HONORED PLUS . There are even more discounts and draws being done monthly to the extent of triple discounts this does not sound like a bad place to do business to me my suggestion to you all is to Call Jim at Calgary cycle works and clarify this for yourself.

Jim is actually located in the Edmonton store, so best to try to get a hold of him there!

Top Bottom