Cycle Works Calgary

Thunderr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same deal here in Edmonton, Bought a brand knew KTM last year. They send my a letter after the fact to tell me I was A VIP customer and I would get 10 to 15 % discount...Yeah Right. I guess I'm going to have to start crashing my bike so I feel like I'm getting my money worth... Only in Alberta!

Do you still have that letter?

Cheers

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if your looking for polaris sled parts it is well worth the drive out to mountain toys

there is a reason why most of the calgary club members make the drive

and also why cycle jerks is living up to the name
yes it is!!!! they might not have the exact part in stock that you want(as per most dealers) but they will order it right up and at least they give you the time of day!!!!!!

MOUNTAIN TOYS POLARIS AND SUZUKI---cochrane, ab
403-932-4828

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
also, dave at A&E racing and marine in brooks is a VERY good KTM dealer!!!!!!!! i know lots of peeps that buy their bikes from him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a new KTM from them last year for $9000.00 and part of the agreement was we get 15% off of parts.

Now they tell me "we have a new points program and when you spend $1000.00 you get $100.00 in credit".

Anyone else p1ssed about this?

I'm buying another KTM, anyone know a dealer who keeps his word?

cheers
I run into the same thing. Sounds like most of the dealerships in the big centres are going with this program. Alberta Cycle too....What a "RIP OFF" I want my discount in my pocket not a credit that I build up so that I have to spend it in your store. My money, I should be able to spend it where I want. P%$#ss me OFF!!!!!!!Greedy Greedy.
As a rather large toy consumer I will no longer continue my loyalty program with companies that have this type of program. That is now my first question when I call or go in. Buy local, Don't buy online NO LONGER. I always figured buying local was the best for everyone even if I paid more.

smkngstv

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my sleds are cats but my wife and i both ride victory bikes purchased from jay at cycle works,i also have 2 -400 polaris quads for my to youngest kids also from jay,the service there has been the best i have ever had from any dealership.mr.ross is the store manager and has also been great to deal with,i belive that because i have spent a ton of money there that i should also get the 10-15 % off acce.ect.with the purchases of closes parts ect.the points system is what a lot of places are doing now and if you are a repeat customer those points will add up and can be a good savings:d

highmark

Reaction score
"P.S. Cycle Works' owner's email is jroth@cycleworks.com"

Since when did Jim Roth become the owner at Cycle Works? To the best of my knowledge he's a Manager. If you want to talk to the owner, try giving the real owner, Don Galloway, a call. You might have better luck with Don.

In fact Jim Roth is the President/Owner of CycleWorks and has been for over 3 years. Also, I purchased a sled there last year and they are giving the 10% discount for a year after the date of purchase as promised. Any units that are currently being sold give the purchaser a first time discount of 15%. There is a special Platinum card that is given to you after that gives you a better points system on certin items. You do get a 100$ credit after spending $1000. Toys are $$$ to maintain and repair....thus VERY easy to spend and get the money back, putting it towards my next purchase.

KTEAM MAN

Reaction score
HEY.
I went into the dealership and asked for the manager to ask about there card deal. He painted a much different picture than you all are talking about. He explained that because of their loyalty program they have been able to reduce theri sticker price on KTM and Polaris items by 5% the girls at the counter can discount at their discreation and aditional 5%. Thats 10% in my pocket. They further give me an addaitioanl 10% on my gold card...not sure what math you all are using but that is 20%. he says they are trying to reward the trully loyal parts buyers by separating them from the guys that buy a belt once every two years. He made a good point, its not fair to give those guys the same discount as some of us racers that spend over a g a year.
remember a little sweet talk with the girls will get a better deal than a bunch of whinning!
cheers

Last edited:

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You purchase an item at based on a certain 'incentive' and then that incentive is taken away without any notice to you as a loyal customer. You purchase 'X' based on 'Y'. Without "Y' you would not have purchased 'X'.

With this new policy, after spending 9 grand, you should have 900 in the bank with them. They should consider making this new system retroactive if they aren't honoring the old system. Maybe if you have an invoice from the past and they give you the discount on new purchases promised at time of the original purchase or they transfer that purchase to the new system.

PS I wonder how many more people are ripping off their decals? Your bike looks better without them anyways :)

KTEAM MAN

Reaction score
Man you guys are stupid, I was in Cycle Works Yesterday and they are thinking of going back to their old system, which, if you do the math we will pay more for the parts. How thick in the skull are you guys? why don't you look at the invoice and check the final price you are paying for!!!! They say they are trying to do a good thing for their customers....in case you havent noticed were in a RECESSION. Dispite the fact that most of the people that have replied here have never even been to Cycle Works... is this what this website is about ,bad mouthing people! don't screw it up for the vast majority of riders who like their reward program. Maybe you should trade your KTM in an buy a Husaburg and see how support you get.
the moderator should blow this thread up!!

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not really, think the moderator should check your attitude towards others on the site. No need to be rude to others in an attempt to get your point across...:nono:

Man you guys are stupid, I was in Cycle Works Yesterday and they are thinking of going back to their old system, which, if you do the math we will pay more for the parts. How thick in the skull are you guys? why don't you look at the invoice and check the final price you are paying for!!!! They say they are trying to do a good thing for their customers....in case you havent noticed were in a RECESSION. Dispite the fact that most of the people that have replied here have never even been to Cycle Works... is this what this website is about ,bad mouthing people! don't screw it up for the vast majority of riders who like their reward program. Maybe you should trade your KTM in an buy a Husaburg and see how support you get.
the moderator should blow this thread up!!

rounder

Reaction score
I might not know much seeing as i just bought my 1st bike a week ago but gw cycle in calgary has treated me great! I have gone in there about 10 times in the last 2-3 weeks and every time i have bought something they have givin me at least 10% off with out me even asking. Just thought i would pump their tires a bit;)

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had really good luck with Cycle Works west up here at Edmonton. Service department has been a big improvement too since they made a few changes. I felt service from the service department was pretty much out the window back in 2007/2008.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I purachased my first Quad at Cycle Works years ago. Bought parts from them for a couple years.
Then never went in for about a year like they cared.
Seems they only like it if you show up weekly to spend money.

Anyway that being said we want to park one of the quads and she wants a RZR. Keep her quad for a spare.

So what dealer should I go to I do not really want to go to Cycle Works.
We stopped in and they ignor a woman and I tell them hey I am not going to drive it she is ask her the questions.

Thanks for listening

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cycle works west in acheson have been pretty good for the most part to me they allways get my brute warrentyed and give me a good deal on parts... The biggest complaint I got about them is when I need my brute fixed sometimes it takes so long to get it fixed but First come first serve I gusse .

Ridin High

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You want a dealer to keep their word. Deal with Riverside Yamaha. Awesome place and they sell KTM. Talk to Jeff. Ya i bought a Rzr from cycle works and its 15% off your first purchase and then some rewards program like you said. I think they forget we spend the $10000+ on the machine!

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All my dealings with Riverside I've experience the feelings that you need to have deep pockets and a jar of vaseline before walking in that building.

Ridin High

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know you get talking and start bashing people. Why dont you do a little homework. Next time get an accessory priced out from them. then go onto polaris online catalogue and see that there prices are even lower. And yes it says canadian dollars. Then do the math and see how much you are really saving by using the dealers dicounted price. It works out to 5% approx. Hmmmm the program is just to get more money flowing through the door!

HEY.
I went into the dealership and asked for the manager to ask about there card deal. He painted a much different picture than you all are talking about. He explained that because of their loyalty program they have been able to reduce theri sticker price on KTM and Polaris items by 5% the girls at the counter can discount at their discreation and aditional 5%. Thats 10% in my pocket. They further give me an addaitioanl 10% on my gold card...not sure what math you all are using but that is 20%. he says they are trying to reward the trully loyal parts buyers by separating them from the guys that buy a belt once every two years. He made a good point, its not fair to give those guys the same discount as some of us racers that spend over a g a year.
remember a little sweet talk with the girls will get a better deal than a bunch of whinning!
cheers

Ridin High

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they do have toys set up for the big spenders. But as for the vaseline, just go through the double doors they have for atv's and sleds.

All my dealings with Riverside I've experience the feelings that you need to have deep pockets and a jar of vaseline before walking in that building.

KTEAM MAN

Reaction score
You know fellas its all about the relationship you create with the individuals in the store. I'm a gadget guy and love to and stuff to my toys so I shop around allot. I end up going back to the people I like. My idiot buddy drove into the back of my quad pn sunday and busted my tail light. I have a big fishing trip this weekend and wanted it fixed. Tracey in Calgary did not have the part in stock this morning... and talked the service manager to pull it off a new unit. Rewards or not ,that's the kind of service that will keep me coming back... not to mention my idiot friend had to pay for it!
cheers:beer:

Top Bottom