CV BOOTS instalation

MACHINE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello, anybody ever install a cv boot on a Grizzily if so are they somewhat easy i,ve notice today that i have a rip in one of the front one please a few tips how to put it on would be appiciated ;)

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I've changed a few on the grizz but what I like to do is remove the whole shaft then take it into my dealer guy and have him do the dirty work then I reinstall it. The axles pop out of the diff and are held in with little retainer rings that you should replace before install otherwise your axle will keep popping out on the trail. Its a fairly easy job maybe 4 beer out of 10.

MACHINE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it is the other one,the one closer to the tire on the front.

rocketron

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take the axle out. Remove clamps from inner boot and slide back. Inside the joint there is a circlip to remove (inside the cup) and the spider and balls will come out. Remove circlip on the inboard end of the axle. Pull spider off axle, remove both boots and clean and regrease joints and reassemble. It's kind of a messy job but it is really easy, 1 beer out of 5.

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
I havn't had to do my grizz yet, but if they are anything like the hondas, make sure u pay vry close attention to how it comes apart. When pulling the spider and ball bearings off, note which way each part is facing, as it can be put back together backwards. and if that happens then the whole assembly can still be pulled apart after reinstallation. Would hate to see that happen when u r pulling a wheelie. Won't be a very happy camper then:(

Top Bottom