Cutting firewood on crown land

Adam31

Reaction score
I know you can get a permit to cut wood in certain areas in Alberta but does anyone know decent places near Edmonton to get some firewood? Or are these well kept secrets! Thanks

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know you can get a permit to cut wood in certain areas in Alberta but does anyone know decent places near Edmonton to get some firewood? Or are these well kept secrets! Thanks

check on kiji!!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Either way

I went to school in Edmonton in 1982. Moved into a condo that had a fireplace and decided some wood would be nice. I drove around the city (it would be quite a bit further now) but there are lots of places with pasture with standing dead poplars. I knocked on a door and I was cutting with the land owners blessing. Just had to clean up the little patch and I was a happy little wood gatherer........:chainsaw:

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went to school in Edmonton in 1982. Moved into a condo that had a fireplace and decided some wood would be nice. I drove around the city (it would be quite a bit further now) but there are lots of places with pasture with standing dead poplars. I knocked on a door and I was cutting with the land owners blessing. Just had to clean up the little patch and I was a happy little wood gatherer........:chainsaw:

WHAT HE SAID.
I don't think you are going to find anything that the crown own's for many many miles from a city.
But take a drive and knock on a few door's.

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Every trip out camping/quadding we always bring the left over firewood back . But permits are only $5 and we have had them for getting birch. South of Entwhistle a few years back, around Cynthia, probably further than you want to go.

bernardo

Reaction score
Looking for some birch, have some popular on my land too. Thanks tho

I'm looking for birch Firewood
if anybody has any idea where to get any close to Edmonton it would be greatly appreciated. ...
thanks in advance

09 arctic cat m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya at rocky mountain house they had a bunch just brought a load home in October, its only good for 30 days i think but for 5$ not to bad

Last edited:

Nordeggab

Reaction score
Permit is good for 30 days. I cut a lot of pine and spruce wood where a fire has gone thru. Better burning and easier to cut and split then birch.

everest8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Come to northern Ont. $35 gets as much as you want. Birch,Spruce and Pine. $ 35 for 1 full year. My buddy has a processor and I have 15 3/4 ton truck loads full sitting in my front yard for next year. A fella here delivers a 3/4 ton 8ft box for $120 dry ready to burn.

Top Bottom