Crowsnest Pass Info needed...

Reaction score
We have 3 couples intending on visiting the Crowsnest Pass region (3 motorhomes in August) and we are looking for information on where one can "camp" and perhaps have the abilty to ride from the comfort of our motorhomes?
We've heard good things about the Crowsnest region for ATV riding, so we would like to get some information on where we should camp, where the better trail systems are (55+ folks) mainly for scenic riding, and taking of photo's etc.
We won't have any other vehicle with us other than our motorhomes, so if we are out of town somewhere, we would be self sufficient, but would get supplies from town prior to camping out.
I haven't yet come across information on the above questions, so I'm hoping someone from the area might be able to help us with them, or others who may have experienced the camping/riding situation many of us enjoy!

Thanks in advance, for any help on this issue.

Dale

Reaction score
Lynx Creek , Beaver Mines, Castle River Falls.

Thanks Mike! Since I've never been to these areas though, I'll have to check out my maps to see where they are. Not sure if "trails" will show up either, but I'll give it a try.

Boy, if someone from the Crowsnest area where to write a book on the area, explaining many of the trails and sights to see, alot of $$ could be made! :)

Just came back from Moab, Utah, and a book like this was bought by all coming to the region, and it was a valuable tool to have on the trail for sure!

M

MIKE HUNT

Click on Castle Special Management. They can also provide you with a good map summer and winter trails.

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mike! Since I've never been to these areas though, I'll have to check out my maps to see where they are. Not sure if "trails" will show up either, but I'll give it a try.

Boy, if someone from the Crowsnest area where to write a book on the area, explaining many of the trails and sights to see, alot of $$ could be made! :)

Just came back from Moab, Utah, and a book like this was bought by all coming to the region, and it was a valuable tool to have on the trail for sure!

check out the Quad Squad | bridges, not fences this is the most ridable/maped area in Alberta. there is a map for sale from their office in Bellevue, AB for $10.00.

Bruce.:ranger:

danl999

Reaction score
Dale,

You could also check out the McGillivray Staging area and the Atlas Staging area. Both are just north of Coleman and have signs on Hwy 3.

I just returned on Wednesday from there, camped at the McGillivray Staging area and it was excellent. Speaking to one of the local RCMP, it was mentioned that the area gets it's share of "weekend warriors" who camp at McGillivray, so you may want to look at Atlas. Since we were there midweek, it was as quiet as could be. Both spots can be found on the CNP Quad Squad's map as well as on their website.

Atlas Staging Area | Quad Squad

McGillivray Staging Area | Quad Squad

danl999

Reaction score
Dale,

You could also check out the McGillivray Staging area and the Atlas Staging area. Both are just north of Coleman and have signs on Hwy 3.

I just returned on Wednesday from there, camped at the McGillivray Staging area and it was excellent. Speaking to one of the local RCMP, it was mentioned that the area gets it's share of "weekend warriors" who camp at McGillivray, so you may want to look at Atlas. Since we were there midweek, it was as quiet as could be. Both spots can be found on the CNP Quad Squad's map as well as on their website.

Atlas Staging Area | Quad Squad (Atlas)

McGillivray Staging Area | Quad Squad (McGillivray)

InnOnTheBorder

Lodge in Crowsnest
Reaction score
Website
www.innontheborder.com
Hey there Dale:

Give Verlee or I a call, We are a 4 season outdoor recreation resort, Atving,Snowmobiling,Flyfishing, mtn biking, Etc. We are your fist stop on your way to the crowsnest right on the AB/BC border. I will set you up so you can access the flathead,fernie,pipeline,Alexander,Atlas, and Mcgilvery from one location.

Curtis

Attachments

• Boone may 2009 029.jpg
    Boone may 2009 029.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 81
  • Boone may 2009 036.jpg
    Boone may 2009 036.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 75
  • Boone may 2009 031.jpg
    Boone may 2009 031.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 75
  • Boone may 2009 048.jpg
    Boone may 2009 048.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 89
  • Canyon Creek falls 012.jpg
    Canyon Creek falls 012.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 82
  • Canyon Creek falls 020.jpg
    Canyon Creek falls 020.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 99
  • Canyon Creek falls 028.jpg
    Canyon Creek falls 028.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 79

taxi guy

Reaction score
Hello guys thanks for the help, we are heading to cnp as well July 1,2,3,4,5,and are looking for random camping for family type trails . Sounds like aAtlas is the best place for some family riding ??? we like putting on lots of miles and usuallly ride for about 8 to 10 hrs / day aprox 100 plus km / day . Is Atlas the best spot for us ???:nono:

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you looking for a campground with services or do you want to camp at staging areas? They are starting to crack down on the riding in the town itself if they haven't already put an in town ban on already. Inn on the Border would be a great place to stay at if you want a few amenities ( sorry I haven't stayed there personally) but you can get to all the other places from there:d

taxi guy

Reaction score
Actually we want to random camp somewhere nice in the bush , we are self contained, would Atlas staging area be the best spot or futher up Atlas road or any other idea,s ??????

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can random camp at Atlas, but depending on the size of your units you may be limited to the staging area. There are numerous places to ride, one of my faveorites is up to the plane crash. Aslo get out to the Inn on the border and head out back, there are so many places to go.:d

taxi guy

Reaction score
thanks alot ,I guess Atlas staging are it is , can we get to the pipiline,inn on the border and plane crash from atlas??

Top Bottom