Crap Am

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
question did you get the can am snorkel kit, or an aftermarket?
Either way, if done correctly, you will get enough cool air flow.
I ride with several buddies with snorkels, 500, 650, 800 all the same, no issues, two still in warranty.
If you play in a lot of deep water, install your snorkel, don't be scared.
Check out canamtalk.com, or outlander800.com for information.
No issues.
Good luck and good riding
:)

I completely agree. No issues whatsoever with over heating clutchs and will not void your warranty with your dealer or at least any of my dealers. Good Luck :beer:

ICANAM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The snorkle kit is aftermarket. I think that it is a pretty good one. It seems like it is very durable and not made out of cheap pvc. It can be set up as a stealth or full height.

I did some searching but I couldn't find a can am snorkle. I didn't know that can am made a snorkle for their quads. If I had found one, I would've definetely bought one.

My quad dealer didn't say not to install this one, he just didn't seem very excited about the idea, but I don't really care. I have her at the shop getting the tappit cover gaskets changed (due to leaking), and when she gets back, I'm installing the snork!

Does anyone know what causes the leaking from the tappit cover? I also smell gas sometimes when I stop riding? Any input? Thanks guys!

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Does anyone know what causes the leaking from the tappit cover? I also smell gas sometimes when I stop riding? Any input? Thanks guys!

Here a Picture of my 07 outty a few days after I started smelling gas coming from somewhere :eek: I believe that there was possibly a small rock stuck in between the gas tank and the plastic cover that goes around the tank. I think It might have rubbed a hole in the side of the tank right beside the exhaust and may of leaked gas onto the pipe while she was hot. I was on the trail driving Mach Chicken when the engine died. By the time the quad came to a stop it was engulfed in flames from somewhere in that general vicinity. Make sure you have a good look around for a leak.

Attachments

• P6210045.jpg
    P6210045.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 22
  • P6210050.jpg
    P6210050.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 25

ICANAM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy crap. That's brutal.

I've had some trouble with rocks and mud getting stuck in that shroud around the tank also. I unhooked the clip from the open side under the fender and shoved the pressure wand in there and blew out alot of dirt and debris. Hopefully the tank isn't damaged. The quad is at the shop, hopefully they detect something.

Top Bottom