cranbrook riding

waynemags

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
any new snow in cranbrook lately? boss wants to go out Jan 26 with his boy and me. looking for info on new snow. is it worth the drive?

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We got a couple inches in the area last night and today. That wa sin the valley bottom, don't know how much up top. I should be able to give a better report after the club meeting tonight though.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow pillow data shows we're actually doing better than I thought we were. Slightly ahead of this time last year. Almost nothing in the valley bottom though....which is fine with me. I've only had to plow once!

moyie snow pillow jan 14.jpg

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
According to reports there is 2-3 feet of new snow in the Lumberton area. That is the area the club maintains and grooms. All trails are currently groomed and in good shape.
Most of the normal slide zones have apparently slid making it a little safer, but caution is a good thing.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The view outside my office window. Probably 8 inches in the parking lot overnight, and snowing like a bugger.

IMG_1247.jpg

thiels2

Reaction score
Looking at riding in the cranbrook area this weekend looks like they got a little fresh.Not familiar with area just wondering if someone wouldn't mind 2 guys tagging along for a ride to show us around.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your best bet's the Lumberton snowmobile trail system managed by the Cranbrook club. Hit the parking lot first thing in the morning and I'm sure there will be someone there that'll take you out. There will be trail maps at the trail pass shack as well. Head south out of town and take the next right off the highway after you cross under the BIG powerline. It's Lumberton road. Trailhead is about 15km's from there.

Top Bottom