Cranbrook is awesome

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We went for a ride to Cranbrook last weekend. Kevin (bin sledin) has a Highmark Recreation turbo like the one I just bought. Him and Curt were kind enough to show us around on Saturday. On Sunday, we had a beautiful play area all to ourselves in Lumberton.

A truly excellent weekend. For the life of me, I don't understand why Calgary people don't make Cranbrook the default destination. There is a ton of areas to explore, cheap motels, good restaurants. I have always been treated excellently by the people there.

cranbrook 2010 feb on Vimeo

rigrat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks good. We have been considering going to Cranbrook area since Crowsnest area is a little short on fresh snow. Do you have any kind of directions to the Lumberton area and has it seen a lot of new snow lately? Thanks.

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lumberton is about 10 km west of cranbrook, turn right at Lumberton Road. Approximately 15 km, it dead ends in the staging area.

We found untouched snow and never saw anyone until the ride in. It could use more but the area is so big that it doesn't get pounded out.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks good.

I'd like to see where the area is on google maps with the sparse trees for maybe another alternative to a snowboard hill. (trying to figure out elevation drop, angle, and run length).

I know the wide angle helmet cam gives more depiction of speed, but the fish eye kills me!

Which cam was that?

Top Bottom