Covid 19 and Snowmobiling

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are 100% correct .
THE RIDE is not the issue be it by yourself or in mildly larger setting.
Food stop, groceries for lunch if family goes, bathroom stop, gas or oil for the sled, parts or service.
Get a little beat up on THE RIDE and need some meds or an x-ray - you will be going to a hospital and every hospital has Covid patients.
THE RIDE is never in question.
What is involved to support THE RIDE is where the extra contact takes place.
THE RIDE can not take place with zero impact.
I own 900 acres to ride on and 5 sleds but eventually THE RIDE requires support.
Who will you come in contact with, what will you touch and what will you bring back to your home?
What are people willing to justify for THE RIDE, what are they willing to risk.
House bound 100%, no but what are you willing to risk for THE RIDE???
That's all.
Between elderly and health issues in my family the toys are mothballed until this is over.
I'll be outdoors taking part in lower impact activities that do not require unnecessary travel or contact.
People's lives mean more to me than THE RIDE.
We are big Kids and clearly make our own choices.
Just don't cover choices with bull chit to justify them.
This is not direct at you fj40, just clearing up misconceptions for those that can not think to many steps ahead.

Really? You are going to take part in outdoor activities that are not essential to your survival? Shame, shame on you...you could very well get injured and be an unnecessary burden on the medical system. I sure hope your not riding quads or SxS on your 900 acres...cause that would make you a major hypocrite.

Stay indoors and keep everyone safe...do not go outdoors except for food or serious medical treatment...to do otherwise would be extremely irresponsible and selfish.

Last edited:

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Today, in chronological order, I got drunk, stoned, stuck and I blew a u joint. It was great. Am I a bad person?

Not necessarily a bad person,but not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Signed confession on the internet with evidence provided. Do you remember what happened to the Rednecks hunting ducks illegally in Sask. that posted their hunting trip up on U-tube.?

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not necessarily a bad person,but not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Signed confession on the internet with evidence provided. Do you remember what happened to the Rednecks hunting ducks illegally in Sask. that posted their hunting trip up on U-tube.?
i dont think those things are illegal when you do it on your own land, kanedog that is

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So for all of you who say do not go snowmobiling because you are part of the problem. Have you totally quarantined yourself in your home? Do you not go and get groceries for home the same as you would for sledding? (If you have them delivered you can still catch it from packaging) Do you not fuel up your vehicles to go to work same as you would to go sledding? You say do not put a strain on healthcare by increasing your chance of being hurt but I have said for years that the most dangerous part of sledding for me is driving down hwy 2 from Edmonton to Calgary heading to Sicamous. Even when the parking lots are full we go ride and hardly see anyone on the Mountain all day. And if we do see someone its a wave usually from a distance. I get it stay out of the restaurants and hotels and large gathering areas. But there are tons of guys like myself who own places in the Mountains and can go ride and social distance just as much as being at home. Have any of you thought why places like China, Italy and New York got hit so bad? Think of how close they live together, think of how all these places have no personal space! The busiest you can imagine around here like an NHL game is daily life to them. I get being cautious but unless you have totally quarantined yourself at home then you are no different than the guys who are getting out for a rip up the hill. Preaching on here or anywhere on social media is not going to change things. Ride on guys and gals who have the opportunity!

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So for all of you who say do not go snowmobiling because you are part of the problem. Have you totally quarantined yourself in your home? Do you not go and get groceries for home the same as you would for sledding? (If you have them delivered you can still catch it from packaging) Do you not fuel up your vehicles to go to work same as you would to go sledding? You say do not put a strain on healthcare by increasing your chance of being hurt but I have said for years that the most dangerous part of sledding for me is driving down hwy 2 from Edmonton to Calgary heading to Sicamous. Even when the parking lots are full we go ride and hardly see anyone on the Mountain all day. And if we do see someone its a wave usually from a distance. I get it stay out of the restaurants and hotels and large gathering areas. But there are tons of guys like myself who own places in the Mountains and can go ride and social distance just as much as being at home. Have any of you thought why places like China, Italy and New York got hit so bad? Think of how close they live together, think of how all these places have no personal space! The busiest you can imagine around here like an NHL game is daily life to them. I get being cautious but unless you have totally quarantined yourself at home then you are no different than the guys who are getting out for a rip up the hill. Preaching on here or anywhere on social media is not going to change things. Ride on guys and gals who have the opportunity!

If you come to Sicamous you will incite the red and white plate haters. Lol They have come out in full force lately. You would be surprised how many whose employment depends on the tourism industry are showing their true colors whem it comes to Alberta residents that have places here.

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
DC5F6BCD-C94C-4CAC-9DDC-125F1C608A3F.jpg

Going to be another awesome day with my Kid!!

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That was one hell of a sermon.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I did. Never left my house or garage for 14 days..
14 days is long,

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly

Top Bottom