Covid 19 and Snowmobiling

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Yes please, look at the data! This is not SARS, H1N1 or past flu, this is new, different.

…."a big joke with the precautions that are being taken" Wow! Just wow!

You are more than welcome to join me on an ambulance moving a ventilated Covid19 patient between facilities. I'd even get you the proper PPE (personal protection equipment) to use but sounds like you don't need it or believe its needed! I'm not looking forward to that day when this becomes necessary but this day will come.

People are dying from this. Health care organizations are still figuring this out, Covid19 is not SARS, not MERS or H1N1. H1N1 did have a vaccine in one year, to date, there still is no vaccine for SARS. And SARS cannot thrive in the human body whereas Covid19 can thrive and spread. Covid19 is so more contagious.

Covid19 has extended incubation periods and a viral shedding prior to onset of symptoms. You don't need to be symptomatic to have it or spread it.

Pre-existing comorbid conditions increase the risk of death, this includes those diagnosed with varied conditions or those who don't yet know they have certain risk factors because they haven't had the doctor visit to diagnose it, such as cardiovascular disease - when was your last coronary angiogram? or Diabetes - what's your A1C? Respiratory disease - do you smoke or vape? Hypertension? Cancer? All increased risk factors that make you at higher risk for poor outcomes including death.

We all need to practice social distancing responsibly to help minimize the number of people who contract Covid19. We need to work together to limit exposure to one another — especially with older adults and people with underlying illness who have the greatest risk of developing severe symptoms. To do so keeps the healthcare system from becoming overwhelmed where physicians & all ICU staff could be put in a place to decide who gets a ventilator vs who doesn't -your parent vs his older brother, etc. Do we want to come to that...stay tuned.

But I do agree with you that the economy is terrible, getting worse and will have a scary reckoning when this is over. At that point though, no longer should there be a virus that is killing people.

Good response but..........

People died from all the various flu virus. I had buddies that were deathly sick and said it was the sickest they had been in their lives due to various flu viruses. They got over it but some didn't. Sadly, some died.

To shut the world down when the death numbers are confusing and not really different than any other year seems a little over kill to me. When all is said and done, will the truth ever come out. I think there will be more deaths from suicide and homicide that there will be from the CoVid91 and it will all be related to the world economic conditions.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good response but..........

People died from all the various flu virus. I had buddies that were deathly sick and said it was the sickest they had been in their lives due to various flu viruses. They got over it but some didn't. Sadly, some died.

To shut the world down when the death numbers are confusing and not really different than any other year seems a little over kill to me. When all is said and done, will the truth ever come out. I think there will be more deaths from suicide and homicide that there will be from the CoVid91 and it will all be related to the world economic conditions.

So far Covid 19 has proven to be 10 times more deadly than any previous "outbreak".
About 20 times more deadly than the common flu.
Alberta is only in week 3 and daily contracted cases are rising steadily in per day quantity.
We are just entering the Community Spread Phase when numbers have proven to start their spike.
Now include the effort (by not enough) to try to contain the spread.
There is nothing previous in our lifetimes that is even remotely comparable.
Is it being sensationalized -hell ya, but deservingly so.
It will take about 3-4 more weeks to really see where this is headed in Canada but it will be a death toll like nothing before.
Mock this today but remember it tomorrow - especially the non participants in practicing control..

Not sure what our economy will look like a year from now but I see a world reset.
Between Covid and the oil price war there will be massive changes.
Budgets, salaries, forward planning is already well underway by major O&G players and backdoor announcements are already huge.
Probably no public announcements for 4-6 weeks or until some signs of stabilization start to show.
The trickle down will then carry on for some time.
Again mock it today but remember it tomorrow.

Happy safe sledding
Sorry no rose colored glasses today, only the real ones.

Last edited:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
So far Covid 19 has proven to be 10 times more deadly than any previous "outbreak".
Alberta is only in week 3 and daily contracted cases are rising steadily in per day quantity.
We are just entering the Community Spread Phase when numbers have proven to start their spike.
It will take about 3-4 more weeks to really see where this is headed in Canada but it will be a death toll like nothing before.
Mock this today but remember it tomorrow - especially the non participants in practicing control..

Not sure what our economy will look like a year from now but I see a world reset.
Budgets, salaries, forward planning is already well underway by major O&G players and backdoor announcements are already huge.
Probably no public announcements for 4-6 weeks or until some signs of stabilization start to show.

Happy safe sledding

By the numbers as of this minute the fatality rate is 5.2% of all KNOWN cases worldwide 1.4% in Canada. There are likely 4X as many cases so the death rate is likely closer to 1.3% worldwide and 0.33% in Canada. This is high but I'm not sure it's world stopping high, I'm not saying it's not but I'm just not sure. I hope that people much smarter than me are making these decisions not impeded by media hype.

The O&G situation is getting worked out as we speak, we will be back to $75Bbl by July.... it was up 25% today and I think we will be right back to world price fixing before we know it.

Last edited:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
By the numbers as of this minute the fatality rate is 5.2% of all KNOWN cases worldwide 1.4% in Canada. There are likely 4X as many cases so the death rate is likely closer to 1.3% worldwide and 0.33% in Canada. This is high but I'm not sure it's world stopping high, I'm not saying it's not but I'm just not sure. I hope that people much smarter than me are making these decisions not impeded by media hype.

The O&G situation is getting worked out as we speak, we will be back to $75Bbl by July.... it was up 25% today and I think we will be right back to world price fixing before we know it.

I am hoping you will be correct.
Nothing more I would like than to say you ae three months from now.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Happy safe sledding

Sorry , disagree. I agree we need to be diligent with our contact , social distancing is important, we need to be even more aware of people who are compromised in age or health , but , you have your opinion as to the final numbers and the actual death rate percentage , I think the percentage will be far less than media is predicting. Even on the cruise ships , where there are a high percentage of very elderly, and they would seem to be the ultimate infection situation , the death rates were no where near what msm is suggesting. And the world isn’t made up of only elderly and compromised health individuals. You have your opinion, I believe the pendulum in this case has swung fully to the stupid side.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

Happy safe sledding
There are lots of figures going around and around Randy and it all depends on who one listens to or quotes.
I read an article the other day by a renowned medical person that the world wide death toll is down this winter compared to other winters even with the CoVid19 deaths included. Being skeptical of the main stream media I have a hard time even listening/watching the hype. In New York, someone says "they are dropping like flies" yet another has a video posted where there is no one in the hospitals, the funeral homes are empty, and there are empty beds galore.

As I posted in an earlier thread today.............WHAT TO BELIEVE?

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
8B8FC58F-CBED-4453-9464-8CE1390C4A1F.jpeg

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I went out sledding today and can say without a doubt is was FRICKEN AWESOME!!!!!. It was stupid cold for April but that's life. Saw no one, heard no one and if we did, a hand wave and carry on. The time up there was incredible. NO virus, no constant news about it. Nothing but snow and snow and snow. I went with my son (back from college) and a buddy and yes we kept away from him. Plan on going on Saturday again, wish we can go tomorrow but e-leaning comes first(I thought sledding came first but my wife informed me otherwise). I needed that ride just to clear my head and it felt GREAT

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are lots of figures going around and around Randy and it all depends on who one listens to or quotes.
I read an article the other day by a renowned medical person that the world wide death toll is down this winter compared to other winters even with the CoVid19 deaths included. Being skeptical of the main stream media I have a hard time even listening/watching the hype. In New York, someone says "they are dropping like flies" yet another has a video posted where there is no one in the hospitals, the funeral homes are empty, and there are empty beds galore.

As I posted in an earlier thread today.............WHAT TO BELIEVE?

Here's a fact from the front line. Five of us have had all of or most of the symptoms of Covid-19. Some of us worst then others. All phoned 811 and were told to isolate for 14 days from onset (it's now 10 days from onset) All of us were told no test was nessary because we would very likely we would fully recover at home. I have no problem with any of that, but the OFFICIAL cases reported by the authorities has absolutely no correlation to the actual number of people who have been infected in this province. My personal opinion is that the actual number of people infected in the province of Alberta is between 10X and 100X greater than the Official count. The 811 nurses know that. I would like to here from them instead of Hinshaw. I bet the nurse's aren't at liberty to give their opinion. That would sure lower the death rate Percentage. I can't help but think this information is being delibertely with held from us. For the life of me I can't understand why. When this is over the facts will be clear and I suppose that it be a big surprise to the EXPERTS running the show. Thanks Doug for TRYING to make some sense when hysteria is the flavor of the day.
P.S. Stay Safe

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a fact from the front line. Five of us have had all of or most of the symptoms of Covid-19. Some of us worst then others. All phoned 811 and were told to isolate for 14 days from onset (it's now 10 days from onset) All of us were told no test was nessary because we would very likely we would fully recover at home. I have no problem with any of that, but the OFFICIAL cases reported by the authorities has absolutely no correlation to the actual number of people who have been infected in this province. My personal opinion is that the actual number of people infected in the province of Alberta is between 10X and 100X greater than the Official count. The 811 nurses know that. I would like to here from them instead of Hinshaw. I bet the nurse's aren't at liberty to give there opinion. That would would sure lower the death rate Percentage. I can't help but think this information is being delibertely with held from us. For the life of me I can't understand why. When this is over the facts will be clear and I suppose that it be a big surprise to the EXPERTS running the show. Thanks Doug for TRYING to make some sense when hysteria is the flavor of the day.
P.S. Stay Safe
Take care up there bud.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Happy safe sledding
Watch the video posted above, sure kicks you numbers out

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This debate is not like, if a trail sled with a 16 in track is better in the mountains than a lite flickable lower hp sled.
Those are opinions.
People are dying already and more are going to die.
At what rate at this point we don't know, but when all is said and done facts will be facts.
The MSM will put a spin on it for sure.
The hospital beds in alberta are mostly empty right now as most surgeries have been canceled.
We are gearing up for the worst but if it doesn't happen great.
Shutting down the economy was not an easy decision.
I don't believe the leaders did this for fun.
But again we need to watch our contact which is hard and going to get harder.
Riding with little to no contact with anyone not already in contact with is NOT a problem.
Yes crap happens.
But getting your coffee from some bat eating temporary foreign workers is far more dangerous, in my opinion.
I can not believe how many people are at the drive throughs.

As Red Green said "we are all in this together "

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fully DISAGREE with those thinking COVID-19 is just like the flu and no big deal! When is the last time you saw temp morgues set up for "regular flu"? The good news is that the idiots who don't take it seriously get weeded out a la Darwin's theory... bad news is a lot of good people will be taken down with them. If you need a history lesson check back on the Spanish Flu of 1918. Entire tranches of family trees were wiped out... they did not have the luxury of global information and real time updates with precautions to be taken.

Last edited:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Fully DISAGREE with those thinking COVID-19 is just like the flu and no big deal! When is the last time you saw temp morgues set up for "regular flu"? The good news is that the idiots who don't take it seriously get weeded out a la Darwin's theory... bad news is a lot of good people will be taken down with them. If you need a history lesson check back on the Spanish Flu of 1918. Entire tranches of family trees were wiped out... they did not have the luxury of global information and real time updates with precautions to be taken.

I can assure you that this will penetrate no bone and enter soft matter.
But a sincere thanks for posting.

Top Bottom