Cover for a 2014

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know skidoo came out with a new cover for this year which is probably good, I am just having a hard time coming to grasps that I have to buy a cover when I am buying a new sled.

so since I have to buy one anyway is the skidoo cover really the cover to go with? Has anyone tried the new cover yet? Maybe an aftermarket one would be better?

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I picked up the new cover for my '14 summit X, I used it when I took the sled back to the dealer for the break in timer update. The cover seemed to fit very well, went on quick and with the adjustable strap by the gas tank it took any slack out of the tarp. The tech at my dealer mentioned how much better my '14 tarp fit compared to the '13 tarp he has.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a sno-skinz tarp. The material is thicker, it has rip stop where it's needed, cost is close to the stock covers, and has a lifetime warranty.

REV2XHEART, if you want to check out mine, I see you are in Edmonton, let me know, and I can show it to you.

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Break in timer update?

Cuso for sure man, what part of the city do you live in?

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On my '14 everytime you start the sled it shows Break In Percentage. Got it down to 75% today!!

Sent from my Shoe Phone

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Break in timer update?

Cuso for sure man, what part of the city do you live in?

The timer update, was because the early built '14's didn't have the timer on them. I guess BRP forgot to install it at the factory. So my dealer flashed it for me.

Yaco

Reaction score
On my '14 everytime you start the sled it shows Break In Percentage. Got it down to 75% today!!

Sent from my Shoe Phone

Do you have to cycle through display settings to see that or is it automatic? Haven't gone for a ride but when I started it up to back it into the garage I don't remember seeing that on the display (14 summit x)

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you have to cycle through display settings to see that or is it automatic? Haven't gone for a ride but when I started it up to back it into the garage I don't remember seeing that on the display (14 summit x)

As soon as you start the sled the display will show '99 break in' and count down from 99

duggyb

Reaction score
I also bought the Sno Skinz cover. Ron was fantastic to deal with and the cover arrived quickly. i love how it comes with and undercover and a few strap options plus the reinforcement in the areas that need it like handlebars and running board sides.

there is a video floating around that shows the difference between the ski doo one and sno skinz. i paid $280 plus $20 duty for my Sno Skinz one from Colorado to my door in Calgary and it took less than a week!

Give Ron a call at Sno Skinz!

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Comes up like that everytime I start the sled.

Sent from my Shoe Phone

Bocephus660

Reaction score
doo's rap clip cover for the xm with low windshield part number 280000624. it fits pretty darn tight and its easy to put on. no trailer time on it yet, but a guy i rode with once last year had the same cover. fit snug going down the highway at 80 mph. another xm on the trailer had a skinz cover. we about needed a come-a-long to stretch the thing over the sled and it STILL flapped really bad on the highway. the skinz may be a good cover, i dont know.....that is the only experience i have had with one though.

Top Bottom