countdown till ucp has majority government in alberta

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just got a call from UCP Devin Dreeshen, looking for support, i am even getting a sign. yuppers. stickin it to Nutley

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just got a call from UCP Devin Dreeshen, looking for support, i am even getting a sign. yuppers. stickin it to Nutley

Not sure I like the thought of voting for someone based on their dads last name and previous political office.

I’m sure he’ll win in a land slide though.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all we can do is see what he does over the next 300 days or so. ndp will be out in full force busting doors in looking for votes. none from here.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Email I received

We are just a little over 48 hours away from one of the most critical fundraising deadlines our new party has ever faced.

The momentum is building. There is less than a year to go before the next general. Our opponents, political pundits, the media and many others are watching our every move. When we report our second quarter fundraising numbers for 2018, we need to send them a message about the strength and support of our party. Only you can help us do that.

We have asked before, but this deadline is critical. Can you make any donation to help our party be as strong as possible? Any donation is important. At the end of every quarter we report the number of donors we had over the last quarter and the amount we've raised. Last quarter we narrowly beat the NDP. This quarter, we’d like to show how much support the UCP has from members like you.

With a year to go to the election, we need to keep growing our war chest of funds. Help us continue our success; help us build a stronger party.

Make any donation right now.

Sincerely,

The United Conservative Party

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
innisfail/sylvan lake election on july 12/2018. hopefully a landslide ucp majority. same as ft mcmurray on july 12.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice to see the NDP announced yesterday that they are making changes to the Bill 6 document. Farmers can now pee in the field again and in special conditions not have to wear seatbelts as well in the field. Also happy to see I can run farm equipment that I don't have an operator manual for. This will pull some of my older implements out of purgatory once again.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice to see the NDP announced yesterday that they are making changes to the Bill 6 document. Farmers can now pee in the field again and in special conditions not have to wear seatbelts as well in the field. Also happy to see I can run farm equipment that I don't have an operator manual for. This will pull some of my older implements out of purgatory once again.

Rachel Notlikely needs the farm vote. Is it enough for you to vote for her now?

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As much as I’d like to see the ndp go and there be a conservative go t next yet I do t see it happening. She is scmoozing too good with oil and gas now and buying votes with the milenials And Kenney is far from the right choice for UCP leader I think he’s very shady guy like most politicians and gonna pull wool over our eyes I could be wrong and I hope I am as I’d like to see ndp go away. I think the Alberta party has a strong chance this time around. Manuel was good for Edmonton to while he was there he should be the ucp leader in my mind. As much and I probably won’t vote for him either I am a conservative guy for sure

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As much as I’d like to see the ndp go and there be a conservative go t next yet I do t see it happening. She is scmoozing too good with oil and gas now and buying votes with the milenials And Kenney is far from the right choice for UCP leader I think he’s very shady guy like most politicians and gonna pull wool over our eyes I could be wrong and I hope I am as I’d like to see ndp go away. I think the Alberta party has a strong chance this time around. Manuel was good for Edmonton to while he was there he should be the ucp leader in my mind. As much and I probably won’t vote for him either I am a conservative guy for sure

Great, here we go again, splitting the vote!

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

As far as the Alberta party why would anyone want to vote for a party who wants to stick us with a sales tax. You know it would be just p*ssed up against the wall like any other tax and do no good. That's as bad as the NDP who seem to think that imposing a new tax is "diversifying the economy".

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got home last night to find a tag hanging on my door from the NDP MLA for my area saying she was "Sorry I missed you". In reality she should have been glad she missed me.

She probably was so proud that they only went $8 Billion dollars in debt last year instead of $10.5 Billion dollars. They still have no clue on how to manage our money.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
As much as it pains me to say I believe the NDP will get a second term.... they will lose some seats but when it all comes out in the wash we will be stuck with Notley for another term.

- Jason Kenney was not the right choice for UCP leader, many folks (myself included) do not trust him
- This will split the vote between the Alberta Party and the UCP.

Towards the end of her term Notley will see progress on the TMP, higher oil prices and a rebound in the economy and comfortable citizens do not want to rock the boat. The mishandling of Bill 6, the delay in royalty structure and failure of other pipelines will be muted. The building of new schools, infrastructure, hospitals etc. will be front and centre in their campaign. They have a lot of the union vote, non-profit vote and social champions vote. I believe it will be enough.

As far as taxes go - they are not the issue, how they are spent is the issue. Whether it be a Carbon tax, sales tax, sin tax, or income tax we do not currently have the tax revenue to sustain our government departments and infrastructure. I hate paying out over $0.60 of every dollar I make but I also hate bad roads, inadequate health care, large class sizes and overall poor government services.

I don't have all the answers but anyone who wants to reduce taxes and government spending also has to decide what sacrifices are acceptable to balance the books. Federally it pisses me off to see buckets of money given to other countries and special interest groups, but as much as I HATE Trudeau he is not the first and won't be the last, those programs have been in place for decades. The folks who complain about old run down hospitals and schools are the same folks who want a huge reduction in taxes and fees..... which is it?

Gas tax should go directly to roads & infrastructure same with vehicle registration for on-highway vehicles, off highway should go to trail system maintenance. Charge me a fee or deductible for healthcare rather than increasing my personal tax to general revenue, at least then I know where it's going. Tax the chit out of non-necessity items at least then I have a choice but I have no choice when it comes to natural gas, food, fuel, utilities, etc....

Fawk, my blood pressure is up now.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bogger makes some excellent points. Too many people think the NDP has already been defeated in Alberta not realizing how much support they still have. True, that support is from people who don't count (joking, sort of), but it's a lot of support non the less.

What I disagree with is that the money for improvements to education and health care is not already there. These two departments are unnecessarily extremely top heavy. You'd be surprised at how much better these areas can and would be if we were able to trim even 20% of the fat. Ralph saw this but left it up to the fat to cut itself - obviously that's not going to happen.

Top Bottom