Corbin trail conditions

Sled Nut

Reaction score
My wife and I heard that there was tons of new snow at Corbin. We loaded up the sleds and headed out. What a disappointment, there is hardly enough snow to kick up to keep the sled cool. In the parking lot there might have been 2" of hard pack as well as soft new snow. I would think that above the treeline you would find lots more.......But to what cost. If you value your sleds as much as we do, you will wait. I'm thinking if it keeps snowing we might have good safe sledding by middle December. :(:Snowmobile1:

foothills m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We (6) of us went from townsite to heartbreak good snow in there,then went to rain gauge and from there to barnes lake cutoff trail down to trail up to barnes lake and out that way.It was ok for the amount of snow there.It was cold and snowy up high.All in all we had a good day was better then i thought it would have been.Thanks again to the other 5 for the ride first one of the year for me and was good to be out there.I get pic`s up tomorrow.

foothills m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
see if i can get a pic . corbin townsite nov28-09 007.jpg

my mod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here are some pictures from Raingauge Friday, November 27th
Riding was quite fine with another 6 inches of fresh ontop of what was already there

Attachments

• DSC03026.JPG
    DSC03026.JPG
    147.2 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC03027.JPG
    DSC03027.JPG
    132.8 KB · Views: 47
  • DSC03028.JPG
    DSC03028.JPG
    151.1 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC03029.JPG
    DSC03029.JPG
    138.8 KB · Views: 60

foothills m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya at town site , good pic my mod.got the rest of the fresh,was cold and snowy on sat,hard to see at rain gauge and at lake. IT was cold and snowy up high.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
I dont know where you were riding sled nut cause we had a great day for nov28. trail was super fast and snow was decent for early season. well worth the drive in my opinion. rain gauge was deffinetly pounded down but bad luck and limestone had some decent snow in the trees. Thanks for the tow foothills. I guess i learned my lesson about racing a cat.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
I dont seem to have many pics of the old girl, found an pic from 05 on a sweet secret mountain in the north schuswap, yellow rev on the left. Also included a few pics of the carnage from using way to much throttle for way to long on a nicely groomed corbin trail. learned my lesson the hard way again.

sunset (Small).jpg

piston broke (Small).jpg

dome (Small).jpg

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
The odometer was sitting at 6952 miles before we rode saturday so I would say it probobly broke 7000 that day. I might have to look at upgrading one day but man its hard when it goes like stink. way to much invested now, you would never know by looking at it though. Im not about the bling.

crustyhooker

Reaction score
I was out there on Dec 1 and the conditions were pretty good. Starting from the mine site the trail was okay, not super rough but not glass smooth either. There were still some areas with little snow cover but other areas were great for the time of year.
Corbin trail update-corbin-003.jpg

Corbin trail update-corbin-008.jpg

Corbin trail update-corbin-012.jpg

Corbin trail update-corbin-013.jpg

crustyhooker

Reaction score
I was out there on Dec 1 and the conditions were pretty good. Starting from the mine site the trail was okay, not super rough but not glass smooth either. There were still some areas with little snow cover but other areas were great for the time of year.
Sorry I'll try the photos again.
corbin 003.jpg

corbin 008.jpg

corbin 012.jpg

corbin 013.jpg

CatAttack900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry I'll try the photos again.
View attachment 39357

View attachment 39358

View attachment 39359

View attachment 39360

Hey Crusty, do you know what this area is called. I know where corbin mine site is, just wondering how to get to this place where the pics where taken.

CatAttack900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks foothills, planning on heading out on Saturday for the first ride of the year. Maybe will go into barnes lake, anyone else riding saturday? Have never been into barnes before.

crustyhooker

Reaction score
Hey Catattack

Sorry, I am terrible with names of areas especially since I have not been into Corbin 4 or so seasons. We were into Barnes lake (first photo) and then from there I was just following my friend into the adjacent areas. With this current storm you should be going into some good riding.

Top Bottom