Corbin Rally

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to thank all the people that make this rally possible, I have been
bring my family and friends to this event for the last 5 or 6 years.
This year there were 14 sleds in our group, and we always enjoy the friendly people and
and trail systems.
This year i was a little bit disappointed with the condition of the trail, now don't get me wrong
i know when you get 100 + sleds up a trail it is going to get rough. Could it not be an option to run the groomer
from the parking lot after the last group has left up the trail. Then after you do the loop, the last stretch back to the parking lot that gets twice the traffic would be decently smooth.
Did the trail even get groomed the night before, some of the people were saying it did not. It sure felt rougher then past years
just few thing to think about for next year for improvements. Other then that
we always have a good time there.

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know Saturday it was pretty warm out for grooming but we did the loop and pretty sure we were last group but didn't find it that bad.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
if it is cold, like below -15C and no traffic (with about 6 hours of untouched snow after the groomer is done) a daytime groom would work. Otherwise, it is a waste of fuel.

Another scenario being, that the tops of the moguls are cut right to the bottom of the dips leaving no "hard trail snow" behind the packer bar or the mogul master (This is almost impossible to doo on a well packed, mogulled out trail). All the ribbon is made of fresh groomed snow about 6" deep. Being soft, it moguls really fast once again.

There is no daytime cure for a trail that has moguls and sled traffic. Sorry but that is the way it is.

Top Bottom