Corbin Parking Lot Update GOOD NEWS

Little

Reaction score
How many clubs are in the area between Coleman and Fernie? Is there cooperation between these clubs?? We ride in the area maybe twice a year, and would help out/join up. Just want to get the 'right one' Mark

FWIW we are coming out this Fri. till Tue.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
How many clubs are in the area between Coleman and Fernie? Is there cooperation between these clubs?? We ride in the area maybe twice a year, and would help out/join up. Just want to get the 'right one' Mark

FWIW we are coming out this Fri. till Tue.

Elk Valley Mountaineers in Sparwood who mainly ride and look after the Alexander area (north of Highway #3).

Fernie Snowmobile Association (on-line membership at http://www.ferniesnowmobile.com) who mainly look after the area south (Harvey, Ram, and into the Flathead) and east (Coal Creek and the Notch) of Fernie, as well as, north through Hartley Pass. Fernie grooms regularly (2-3 times a week once the trail is packed and set).

shiftycliffy

Reaction score
We also ride the area a couple times a year. I have no problem sending some cash your way to help with the cost. Need address .

Little

Reaction score
Who does the trail south of IOTB?? Maybe they do it themselves?? Rode there 2 winters ago, one could ride fron Fernie over to IOTB, then back a diff. route, I think. Went to some good spots.

Also aren't there trails on the north side of Hwy 3 ?? If so does someone groom them or is that the Elk Valley you mentioned. Mark

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who does the trail south of IOTB?? Maybe they do it themselves?? Rode there 2 winters ago, one could ride fron Fernie over to IOTB, then back a diff. route, I think. Went to some good spots.

Also aren't there trails on the north side of Hwy 3 ?? If so does someone groom them or is that the Elk Valley you mentioned. Mark

Yes, the IOTB staff groom it, usually they have a thread posted about it and the conditions. Guessing they might not have quite enough snow to start yet, maybe they are too busy. :D

The stuff on the north side of #3 I'm assuming you are talking about The Crowsnow Riders, they do some grooming down that way, not sure how far north of #3 you are talking though.

Little

Reaction score
80 kph wind here, can't see 50' so we're on the internet. Got some more info. Looks like Crowsnow, Fernie and Elk Valley clubs are operating in the Crowsnest area. So we should support all 3 I suppose if we ride the entire area. Do clubs do overlapping maintenance or to each their own.

We were in Island Park Dec. 9. Freemont county maintains trails there. Groomers had been out, trails to the bowls were in good shape, plenty of snow. Good trip, Mark

THANKS FOR INFO.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

Help.....IOTB means?

Alexander is on the north side of Highway #3 and it is not groomed. There is grooming in the Pass on the north side of Highway #3.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Help.....IOTB means?

Alexander is on the north side of Highway #3 and it is not groomed. There is grooming in the Pass on the north side of Highway #3.

inn on the border

crow snow riders groom atlas mcgilivary basically a loop through spoon valley to the north cabin then back through window mountain back to the atlas staging area
also south is a loop from coleman staging area to the south cabin then back to the blairmore straging area

hope that helps

Little

Reaction score
Thanks for that. Nice to have some groomed trails to/from fun spots, esp. if you have trouble,in the dark,maybe towing a polaris or whatever.
Hope the weather straightens up, we would like to ride Crowsnest area this weekend and early next week. Freezing rain here now with a 70 mph wind. :eek:

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that. Nice to have some groomed trails to/from fun spots, esp. if you have trouble,in the dark,maybe towing a polaris or whatever.
Hope the weather straightens up, we would like to ride Crowsnest area this weekend and early next week. Freezing rain here now with a 70 mph wind. :eek:

the grooming hasnt started yet on the north side we were out there last thursday trails have lots of snow on them just have to be aware of some open creeks .... i might head down there on sat for a ride

my mod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Elk Valley Mountaineers in Sparwood who mainly ride and look after the Alexander area (north of Highway #3).

Fernie Snowmobile Association (on-line membership at http://www.ferniesnowmobile.com) who mainly look after the area south (Harvey, Ram, and into the Flathead) and east (Coal Creek and the Notch) of Fernie, as well as, north through Hartley Pass. Fernie grooms regularly (2-3 times a week once the trail is packed and set).

I guess Fernie Snow does not Consider Corbin Country Club. We groom the corbin area down the flathead as well

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I guess Fernie Snow does not Consider Corbin Country Club. We groom the corbin area down the flathead as well

Sorry about that! I thought he was asking between the Pass and to Fernie and I sort of lump you guys in with the Pass. My bad.....

I very much consider the Corbin Country Club and appreciate the work you guys doo. I even support you at the SRMMAC meetings and feel that WildSight must be planning something as we haven't heard from them for awhile. We have to be aware....

Little

Reaction score
What's been happening there the last few days. Wierd weather here, rain, wind, closed hiways, wrecks etc. Avalanche hazzard?? Hope to be west by Fri. sometime, Sat for sure. Still good riding around. I won't be hitting it too hard as I have a couple broken ribs but the boys will be having some fun. Mark

sledhead800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's been happening there the last few days. Wierd weather here, rain, wind, closed hiways, wrecks etc. Avalanche hazzard?? Hope to be west by Fri. sometime, Sat for sure. Still good riding around. I won't be hitting it too hard as I have a couple broken ribs but the boys will be having some fun. Mark

go on this web sit it well tell u what is like up there or around that area....

Top Bottom