Corbin BC trails map and area ??

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have to get out more this year....Have to take the training skids off the sled..... This year will make it my second year ever being on a sled...finding out these things are just as expensive as the camaro's we had...and they multiply quicker... :) . Chad has taken me to Corbin once last year... (first time out on this sled) and did get annoyed but overcame at the end of the day...Thanks to all that helped me get moving again... all 50 times lol... Awesome area....would like to get family doing some trails till we get better.... I hope that this map is detailed for beginners and experts :)

1st thing you learn in the mountains Dave is don't park uphill and the throttle is your friend. Lol.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Fernie when you headed to the store? I'll be down there next week.

When I get the call and probably not before...........spare time is at the cabin until there is too much snow!

Edmonton sled show for 5 days and the same for the Saskatoon show.

I will have maps at the two shows and will drop some of with Cory. Pay me when you see me!

The_Plagued_1

Reaction score
Ok to my understanding snopro was to pick up a map.. for me but if that don't work I think I might be able to get one of the guys down here to pick one up at Edmonton..... I just don't want to double up..... I'm still waiting for word from snopro.... but thanks before hand !! :)

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok to my understanding snopro was to pick up a map.. for me but if that don't work I think I might be able to get one of the guys down here to pick one up at Edmonton..... I just don't want to double up..... I'm still waiting for word from snopro.... but thanks before hand !! :)
I haven't got one yet as I don't believe Ferniesnow has dropped one off yet. If you get one in Edmonton this weekend let me know and I will let Fernie know.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does fernie have copies of his local area map he had at the mm5 in fernie. now that would be the map i'd like to have. just sayin.!!!
icon14.png

The_Plagued_1

Reaction score
Ok game plan is me getting one the the guys going this weekend to get one... I asked them to stop at the fernie booth.... thanks!!

Dave

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still too much work to doo Jay! The snow could stay away for another week at least.......

I cant wait for the Elkford ride I can almost smell the shrimp now lol. Progress on the cabin looks great. The wrangler has been worked on to?

InnOnTheBorder

Lodge in Crowsnest
Reaction score
Website
www.innontheborder.com
They have Fernie Snowmobile Association maps. If you go that route please donate somehow to the Fernie club as we maintain the trail further in and have two cabins in there now. Very little of that Corbin money gets to the Fernie club.

WOW!! I havn't been on here in a couple years and after reading your posts I remember why!
So the funds from the TWO-THREE hundred or MORE Maps that I have purchased over the past few years and sold at your cost has not benefited the Fernie Club??

InnOnTheBorder

Lodge in Crowsnest
Reaction score
Website
www.innontheborder.com
Dave:

The guys down in Fernie did a bang up job on the new map out a few years ago. The Map covers the Corbin area and much more. The Corbin Country Club purchased a groomer and has tenure on about 9km of the Flathead trail. We purchase Maps directly from the Fernie club and sell them at the Flathead staging area. I also have them for sale at the Lodge.
The Loop that you and your wife would enjoy would be to leave the staging area heading south to the McLatchie. Take a right on the McLatchie ( Not groomed, but enjoyable ride) following up and around to the Lodgepole. Take the left on the Lodgepole back to the Flathead. Turn left once more heading back north to the Staging Area. There are lots of play spots along the way.
Any other questions Dave - Verlee and I would give a hand, all we ask is you support one or more of the clubs out here.

Curtis

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
WOW!! I havn't been on here in a couple years and after reading your posts I remember why!
So the funds from the TWO-THREE hundred or MORE Maps that I have purchased over the past few years and sold at your cost has not benefited the Fernie Club??

Curtis, I said very little of the Corbin money gets to the Fernie Club. I didn't say, "it has not benefitted the Fernie Club" those are your words...

We appreciate the money we make from selling our maps and every little bit helps. We have a problem with location and the fact that some riders choose the pipeline and the yellow gates to access the Rolling Hills, the Notch, and the Wrangler's Cabin and don't contribute to the cause is a little irksome at best. A contribution box at the cabin would not work as even the axes and propane bottles get stolen. Most are considerate, some are not and we deal with it.

Have a great winter.

InnOnTheBorder

Lodge in Crowsnest
Reaction score
Website
www.innontheborder.com
I do apologize, first night shift. I 100% agree with you on the yellow gates and access to those areas. When we first purchased our place 6 years ago this was one of the first problems brought up at meetings. I personally don’t get it.. Why smash over moguls of the pipeline when you could travel a little farther to Fernie staging areas and CRUISE into the back country ( Rolling Hills )on a well kept trail? I wish there was a solution. We all do. The Corbin Club had a Marshal help out with the staging area last year, what a difference, HUGE!!! Sure cut down on the Canadian tire money in the donation box!
Have a Safe winter
Curtis

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I do apologize, first night shift. I 100% agree with you on the yellow gates and access to those areas. When we first purchased our place 6 years ago this was one of the first problems brought up at meetings. I personally don’t get it.. Why smash over moguls of the pipeline when you could travel a little farther to Fernie staging areas and CRUISE into the back country ( Rolling Hills )on a well kept trail? I wish there was a solution. We all do. The Corbin Club had a Marshal help out with the staging area last year, what a difference, HUGE!!! Sure cut down on the Canadian tire money in the donation box!
Have a Safe winter
Curtis

No need to apologize Curtis. It is accepted none-the-less. It is nice to see the Corbin club involved as it is always good to have more numbers in this neck of the woods. When WildSight gets it's dander up and Lord forbid another political party running the BC govt, we won't have enough numbers to keep the landscape the same.

The FSA tries not to worry and fuss too much over the dilemma. We feel our best answer is to provide a good service (grooming, trails, and cabins) and karma may come our way.

Seems like the precip is hanging around and maybe some colder weather to change the rain to snow should make for another great year. Keep up the great work on the border!

The_Plagued_1

Reaction score
I have no problem supporting clubs.... now that we are "into" this a little more now, its worth the extra bucks... just as long as the politics don't follow... As former members of cars clubs in Calgary, that is what did it for us.... was the politics.... we just want to enjoy ourselves in the new found sport ( with our kids)... I did make it to Corbin last year once with some ppl... had a gentleman come up to me and ask if I wanted a day pass.... I was glad to.... the thing is I think he just wanted to see my sled lift on my truck... home made and all :) ehh what ever works right :) I should patent it :) wink wink... At least if my sled breaks I can load it by myself. maybe if I get rich and famous and maybe a enclosed..... Still waiting for Matlock to get back to see if I do have a map.... until then let'r snow...!!!

Dave

The_Plagued_1

Reaction score
well tonight I have received my map..... well..... small form factor for sure to tuck away.... kinda a general way to find the trails...... but will have to take my gps out and guess where to turn at then put into it... but a awesome start....I will see if I can find a closer version for the area I want to ride.... I know that this map covers alot of area.... totally not your fault.. but will be a handy resource :) thanks again

dave

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hear that Fernie? Don't need a map dropped off at the store now. Lol.

BlueDemon

Reaction score
Hey Dave,
Just been poking around the threads cuz I'm starting to get the itch like most other guys by now... Saw you're looking to spend some time in the same place our group tends to go. Thought I'd throw in my two cents. Me and a few others are a small group from Okotoks and area. Pretty laid back riders overall. Mostly into the boondocking and poking around in the trees rather than the crazy climbing and such. Fair mix of skill levels in the group.
Anyhow, we stage from Corbin quite often and are fairly familiar with the area. Not opposed to joining up if we happen to go the same weekend. At the very least you'll get to see a few of the fun spots we've found in the last few years. We're always exploring for more though, and I haven't had a bad day riding out there yet!
Haven't dug my sled out of the corner in my garage yet, but hoping to get out soon...
cheers,
Brandon

The_Plagued_1

Reaction score
lol hey cool.... thanks for the invite.... :) I have once made the corbin trip last year.... with some ppl from this area..... It was funny to watch as ppl was more interested in my sled deck then to come over and ask me....hey my name is..... ( sorry used to car clubs) I'm waiting for a good day that chuchmuch from HR can come out..... (Senator Riley '94) maybe get the wife out and do some easy stuff.... I do need some more practice...just overcame the idea of wrong way skis to stay on the edge for side hilling :)

Top Bottom