Corbin Area,Limestone

summit7

Reaction score
Some friends and I were talking about going to Corbin for the weekend to sled and someone suggested we try to get into Limestone,no one knows exactly where this is,has anyone heard or been into that area?

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
go into barnes lake and up the creek that is just before the lake. you will be heading somewhat east. there is a large open treed area up there with some sweet climbs. nothing to crazy. usually one of the first areas to get tracked out though.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
go into barnes lake and up the creek that is just before the lake. you will be heading somewhat east. there is a large open treed area up there with some sweet climbs. nothing to crazy. usually one of the first areas to get tracked out though.

Pretty sure that's the area I used for snowboarding a time or two. Seems to attract a lot of people no doubt.

Word of caution, don't pass over the backside of the mountain or down the creek at the bottom unless you are confident you can get back out, or make it to the trail down at the bottom.

Last time I was there the climb out appeared to be tracked by one or two sleds, but the river system still had big holes and didn't look like fun.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
u can drop over the top down the big draw. done it this year and its all good

I see.. Last time we were there visibility was horrible, and we only seen one track go down so we decided not to go. After that I seen there was a trail out if you could get to the bottom ok.

Thanks for the info! How's the river up, or is the climb pretty easy coming back up the saddle drop?

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
I see.. Last time we were there visibility was horrible, and we only seen one track go down so we decided not to go. After that I seen there was a trail out if you could get to the bottom ok.

Thanks for the info! How's the river up, or is the climb pretty easy coming back up the saddle drop?

when you get to the bottom look to your left and u will see a single track trail, follow that and you will come out at the main trail at raingauge. dont climb the first chute you come to along that trail as it is called avalanche for a reason. long wind loaded slope over 40 deg with a large terain trap at the bottom.it will look very tempting though

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when you get to the bottom look to your left and u will see a single track trail, follow that and you will come out at the main trail at raingauge. dont climb the first chute you come to along that trail as it is called avalanche for a reason. long wind loaded slope over 40 deg with a large terain trap at the bottom.it will look very tempting though

Thanks!

I was hoping to open that slope (the on you drop down from the top saddle) for snowboarding next time I go down there. Really opens the possibility of terrain which is great.

I'll look on Goggle to determine which slope not to come down/climb.

Thanks again.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
going next weekend since the fernie drags are cancelled

Should still be lots of play areas, trail at the bottom was deteriorating, but passable...

Enough to get stuck (alot)...

Attachments

• DSCN1814.jpg
    DSCN1814.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCN1815.jpg
    DSCN1815.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 77
Top Bottom