Coquihalla Area

Reaction score
Website
www.highmarkadventures.com
Just letting people know that guys were up at Julliette(spelling) on Sunday and it was like ice. It warmed up then froze and you could not break through the crust. On Sunday there were a few inches of fresh snow on top of it and it has been snowing here for the last few days. With that super hard crust layer with all the new snow on top of it it will slide so be careful out there.

Reaction score
Website
www.highmarkadventures.com
Ya if you do head up up there be careful man. That ice layer will be dangerous with all this new snow on top of it. When my buddies were up there on Sunday there was like 6 inches of fresh on it and it might as well have been 6 inches on pure ice. They said it was scary because you would try to climb something and literally spin out.

mtm

Reaction score
Went to the top of Tynne on Sat. Snow was good from about halfway up. Top was nasty with drifts.

eforwell

Reaction score
The Coq is getting a dump as we speak...a couple more weeks and we should be good to go!

ktownsumx

Reaction score
Which side of the Coq do you ride on? or is it both sides, my buddy and I are looking to hit this area this year, anybody around for tour guides? Thanks

bones01

Reaction score
both sides, the west side is harder to find the spots and you need somone to show you through the trees etc. to some spots. East side is the organized side with trail and grooming and cabins. Look up COQ SNOWMOBILING they have a trail map. may i recomend 10K.

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Coming from Kelowna if you unload at Tulameen you can access the riding areas on the east side of the highway. Way less driving!

eforwell

Reaction score
I see the coq got some more snow the last couple nights...anyone try a road ride up there or any updates from up there?

mtm

Reaction score
Seriously thinking about a road ride this weekend. I need to get my Bd dialed before the real riding starts. Anyone interested?

eforwell

Reaction score
coq snow web site says there is 20 cm on the pipeline and 50 cm up top...lots of rain in the forecast for hope so it should add up over the next couple days and the next week. let us know if you hit it up for a ride, if not see you next weekend!

eforwell

Reaction score
saw lots of trucks going by today with sleds....someone update the conditions on the coq??? lots of fresh snow on the cams...might have to check it out myself tomorrow!

mtm

Reaction score
saw lots of trucks going by today with sleds....someone update the conditions on the coq??? lots of fresh snow on the cams...might have to check it out myself tomorrow!
Yup road ride yesterday, awesome getting back out. Enough snow to mess around on the pipline. Went to the cabin and a few Km. towards 10k just playing with the new sled. A few hours of fun. It's here, next week should be good.

Braap

Reaction score
Bottom of Super Bowl 5900 feet, 1 foot of base with 3.5 feet of powder on top, well worth the trip, Henning November 2011 011.jpg Henning November 2011 010.jpg Henning November 2011 013.jpg next weekend the area should be cherry.

ktownsumx

Reaction score
Bottom of Super Bowl 5900 feet, 1 foot of base with 3.5 feet of powder on top, well worth the trip, View attachment 114538View attachment 114539View attachment 114540next weekend the area should be cherry.

Is that Dave hiding in the back? Looks like a blast, couple more storms and should be good, how often you guys ride this area? i want to try it out, on your way from Princeton do you go by tullameen? its way quicker for me coming from kelowna just take the back road from aspen grove, could meet you guys there some time, cheers

Braap

Reaction score
Yes thats Dave hiding in the back, we often ride from Tulameen, seems to be lots of fresh powder on either side of the valley, most of the time we can go out and not run into any other sledders, nothing but fresh pow.

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is that Dave hiding in the back? Looks like a blast, couple more storms and should be good, how often you guys ride this area? i want to try it out, on your way from Princeton do you go by tullameen? its way quicker for me coming from kelowna just take the back road from aspen grove, could meet you guys there some time, cheers

Ha Ha yes thats me We should be good to go this weekend its been snowing all week. Hells yeah. So you coming Greg? Yeah we go through tullameen yes we could meet you at the store and go up from there.

Top Bottom