Cool Guns

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well considering it has the world record right now for a sniper hit at 2300m yes. I bought a scope that was supposed to be set up to use on a 50 cal my rifle broke it. I also got kissed by it a few times when I first used it. If you buy one make sure you use something that has a huge relief like a night force. And wear safety glasses. Dont buy the Remington. Savage looks to be ok or a custom. To get any good use out of it you need to be shooting long distances and reloading. I am talking the 1-2km range. Any closer is a waste.

Check your facts, ( not to be rude, I have ties to the Canadian Snipers) record is actually out past 2550 meters, took three shots. First was a miss, second was a hit to a back pack and third touched skin.

May I suggest Chey-Tac 408 and 338 being in Canada, our brothers to the south Barrett 416, supersonic speeds out past a mile.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is this the one by the British? Or has another record been broken? How long ago was it taken? Was it with a .338 or something else? 408 cheytec would be a dream rifle. Saw one in Calgary a couple years ago. They were asking 10,000 for the rifle.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think Furlong had the record with a 50 for a bit, them the last one I heard was a British guy took two guys out with the 338. I have been out of shooting for a couple years so haven't been keeping up with it. There may have probably been shots I haven't heard anything about.

aircanam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A Brit beat out Rob Furlong by 40 some odd metres with a 338. But Rob and Arron Perry are # 2 and 3 on the list using the MacMillan 50

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is this the one by the British? Or has another record been broken? How long ago was it taken? Was it with a .338 or something else? 408 cheytec would be a dream rifle. Saw one in Calgary a couple years ago. They were asking 10,000 for the rifle.

Canadian JTF my friend. 2550+ meters with a Barrett M81. If the 338 got out to 2300m that in itself would be a outstanding feat and the person who made a shot like that is either genius or lucky either way very cool, as it is the 338 is only utilized with the guys out to 1800 ish meters on soft targets and it is surpressed. Timberwolf cambered in the 338 Lapua. You are looking at a different of 400+ grains of weight in bullets from 338 to 50. The 720gr A Max out of the Barrett 50 is absolutely awesome downrange at ranges past 2000m. The Barrett 416 is another beast I know very little about.

I wish I know as much about sleds as I do about rifles and ballistics.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think everything would have to be just right with the 338 shots but it does happen. Good days for some are bad for others.....

aircanam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Brit did 2475m with a 338 (3000ft beyond effective range) used 5 rounds but took out 2 Taliban machine gunners....no doubt he's skilled but I'd say a little luck was on his side that day....and one heck of a spotter.....but I wouldn't doubt JTF beat it. On that note not too many guys know Rob Furlong started shooting clinics in Edmonton. ...if you have the $$

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Brit did 2475m with a 338 (3000ft beyond effective range) used 5 rounds but took out 2 Taliban machine gunners....no doubt he's skilled but I'd say a little luck was on his side that day....and one heck of a spotter.....but I wouldn't doubt JTF beat it. On that note not too many guys know Rob Furlong started shooting clinics in Edmonton. ...if you have the $$

You don't say. Thanks for the note.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is he still with EPS? It would be interesting to learn from a guy like that. I've talked to a few of them at the Sherwood park range when I was going there. But I think I would want my old 308 if I was going to take a course. Unless he is supplying.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
That tikka hits hard lol
2amymeny.jpg
adyse8ys.jpg

Sent from my phone

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Nice! One of my favorite pills for those dogs! Honestly, I never go look but I'm sure they look like this too 😬

Thegeneral

Lol. I always go see what damage there is. Plus I wanna make sure they're dead. Not like they have much choice after that round hits them though.

Sent from my phone

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol. I always go see what damage there is. Plus I wanna make sure they're dead. Not like they have much choice after that round hits them though.

Generally speaking,when they get hit, unless they get immediate medical attention, they die!
I keep the cross hairs on them lol in case. (Bullets are cheap)

Sent from my phone

Thegeneral

Top Bottom